Where's Joseph in 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Joseph in 1911?

In 1901 Joseph Ladkin is living Allington Street, Leicester. Age 61 / Born abt 1840 Earl Shilton, Leic. (actually born 1838)
    Widower, Occ: Mechanic.

His son James William Ladkin, 23, boot & shoe finisher is living with him.

Also at that address are 3 tenants and 2 visitors. (none of them Ladkins)

1901 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

Joseph died in 1917, Leicester.

Is anyone please able to find him in 1911 - he's not the one listed with Amy Bradshaw.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

What about this one? though I have no idea how to find the actual schedule, I know that there is a way but can't remember

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi, thanks for looking, unfortunately that's the one with Amy Bradshaw.

Comment

is this a son?
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
          Hi, thanks for looking, unfortunately that's the one with Amy Bradshaw.
          https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...ODk5LjU4LjAuMA..

That's the one with Amy, the one I posted on post Forum isn't that one.. it's different.
          Julie

Comment

Arthur Ladkin

Julie

Comment

I'm trawling the images now, Joseph is living at 45 Keats Lane/road other ladkins are around just not found him yet.
              Julie

Comment

hi again, not that I'm aware of. There seem to be quite a few Ladkin families in Earl Shilton.
                Joseph and his family appear to have 'migrated' to Leicester c 1851-1861.

I'll try and find out where he's buried / check his burial date (just in case I've got the wrong one).

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                  I'm trawling the images now, Joseph is living at 45 Keats Lane other ladkins are around just not found him yet.

sorry not Joseph but John... back to the beginning again. the summary only gave the J so thought it was worth a look.
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    I'm trawling the images now, Joseph is living at 45 Keats Lane/road other ladkins are around just not found him yet.
                    Hi I've seen this one but don't think its him!

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post

Hi I've seen this one but don't think its him!
                      No it's not, that is a John not Joseph... sorry
                      Julie

Comment

He was buried 29 Oct 1917 at Welford Road Cemetery, and the address given was 151 Argyle Road EDIT: Sorry, Argyle Street (not road)

At that address in 1911 is a Caroline Willan, her two sons, and two lodgers. Both lodgers have had their surnames ditto'd, which I don't think is correct.

The children's birth registrations show them to be Horace Ladkin Willan 1894 and Archibald Ladkin Willan, 1896 so there seems to be a family connection.

I think the second lodger may therefore be Joseph Ladkin, with his forename abbreviated and his surname wrong

Josh L Willan aged 72 Old Age Pensioner

Looking at the 1901 census, Caroline Willan is 'servant' to Joseph Ladkin, which further suggests that this 1911 record is Joseph. The younger lodger may be his son..
                        Last edited by teasie; 25-10-22, 12:31.

Comment

It looks like the boys later dropped the Willan part of their surname, well at least one of them did.

The National Archives has a Royal Navy record for Archibald LADKIN born 22 October 1896, mother Caroline William (sic) LADKIN, 151 Argyle Street, Leicester

Comment

Caroline was buried at Welford Road Cemetery on 9 Dec 1920 as Caroline LADKIN of 151 Argyle Street.

Caroline is in Plot M905 and Joseph is in plot M963 (both in the unconsecrated section)
                            Last edited by teasie; 25-10-22, 12:49. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks very much teasie, I've just found my Welford Rd burials disc and was just about to trawl through it for Joseph's burial - looks like you beat me to it.

Thanks again
                              Lass

Comment

Oh well done teasie quite how you manage to ferret out the smallest of details amazes me...
                                Julie

Comment

Working...
                                X