Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust your gut

Just wanted to say, trust your gut!

this week i had an inkling i should look into a family i periodically look into, and i smashed a brickwall! This is one of those families where information is few and far between.

i have an inventory from 1770, which mentioned my french ancestor's marriage contract in 1741, but also that of his parents in 1698 and maternal grandparents in 1676. Unfortunately i have no place or notary for the last 2. So haven't been able to find them or learn where this side came from.

all i knew about his mother was that she also had an inventory in 1740, and died in a convent where the burials register survives from 1755.

well my inkling was to search for her. I didn't find anything. I decided to check for her parents, and last time i had looked there was nothing. This time there was a family tree with them in it, including their marriage contract! The tree owner kindly sent me a copy, and i was able to find the parish register entry, and then the birth of my ancestor! This tree focused on the maternal tree and was very well researched.

this isn't the first time i've randomly had the idea to search for an ancestor and ending up finding what i've wanted!

so trust your gut haha

kylejustin Great find 👍

Comment

Well done. So nice to brick wall knocked down.

There is also something new to look at on line but sometimes you don't know where to start.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

aww that's fab news kylejustin I really need to get back into my tree, but so many things to do and not enough time in the day to do it!
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X