1921 subscription .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1921 subscription .....

In case you haven't come across this news!!

2022-10-11_111434.png
    Discover more: https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census

I just upgraded my Premium sub for £23.95 which will take me until next February or you can just take it for just the 1921. I've already spent more than that on the few I have looked at so far.
    Last edited by Caroline; 11-10-22, 11:20.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Caroline, can I ask, were you previously on a 12-month Plus subscription or 12-month Pro subscription (worldwide)?
    Elaine

Comment

It would be an extra £44 for me until June, and then £200/year, so I'd rather be selective and just buy the odd ones I want for £2.25.

I have a horrible suspicion that this won't be the only record set that ends up as 'Premium' though

Comment

For anyone thinking about upgrading, there is quite a bit of confusion over the upgrade costs and FMP online chat have confirmed that there is a glitch in the system.

It seems that if you currently have a 12 month Plus sub, then the upgrade cost to Premium is £70 for the year, with a pro-rata charge depending on the length of time remaining on your current subscription. Minimum charge £19.19

If you currently have a 12 month Pro subscription then the upgrade cost to Premium is £19.19, length of time left on current subscription is irrelevant.

If you are finding the suggested upgrade cost doesn't agree with the above, suggest you contact live chat or wait for them to sort out the glitch on the website.
        Elaine

Comment

Mine expires 22 November, they say £19.99 to upgrade till then. I notice that a year is now £200 for everything.

good spot.

Not sure why there is a mention of October!

fmp.jpg
          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 11-10-22, 12:59.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            Mine expires 22 November, they say £19.99 to upgrade till then. I notice that a year is now £200 for everything.
            £19.99 is the minimum payment, so in effect you are paying that for one month's use. If you decide to subscribe to the Premium sub when you renew, then it would only be an extra £20 (over and above what you are currently paying) for the whole year - so best to wait!
            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 11-10-22, 13:05.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              Caroline, can I ask, were you previously on a 12-month Plus subscription or 12-month Pro subscription (worldwide)?
              I was on a Pro worldwide sub already, I got the name wrong.
              Last edited by Caroline; 11-10-22, 13:40.
              Caroline
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

£19.99 is the minimum payment, so in effect you are paying that for one month's use. If you decide to subscribe to the Premium sub when you renew, then it would only be an extra £20 (over and above what you are currently paying) for the whole year - so best to wait!
                I agree, seems like they should be discounting it a bit more. I hope that they discount the £200, will let it expire if they don't and see what happens.

I have a few 1921 census and all have been underwhelming, but if was 'free' I would get a few more.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

I was on a Pro worldwide sub already, I got the name wrong.
                  According to Live Chat the upgrade from Pro worldwide to Premium is £19.99, regardless of length of time left on your sub. (This is via the dot uk site).
                  It seems you haven't paid too much more than that, but it might be of interest to anyone else who is thinking of upgrading.
                  Elaine

Comment

From Findmypast facebook page -
                    We're aware some 12-month Pro members may be seeing a higher upgrade price to Premium than they should be - the upgrade should be £19.99/$23.99 USD/€23.99/$34.99 AUD depending on which Findmypast territory you're on.
                    We are working to fix this now, thank you for your patience.
                    Elaine

Comment

Mine has just gone to the £19.99 price
                      Sue ;)

Comment

Thank you Caroline. I was on the Pro sub. Have just upgraded for £19.99 until 23 March 2023.

Vera

Comment

I haven't had a sub this past year as I can get free access via my National Library of Scotland card although that does not include some newspapers nor does it include the England & Wales 1921 census. The reasoning given is that they are unable to come up with a payment module that facilitates monies being paid online to NLS and then being passed on to FMP.
                          More annoying than that though is Scotland's National Library is not included in the list of places where you can access the images of the 1921 census on pcs on the premises. There must be a fair amount of Scots born people on that census living permanently in the countries included plus those who happen to have been away from Scotland on census night. I would quite happily have travelled up to Edinburgh and booked a seat but it's not been available and seems it never will be.
                          I have got all the folks on my father's direct lines who were still alive in 1921 so It's not worth it for me.

Comment

According to Live Chat the upgrade from Pro worldwide to Premium is £19.99, regardless of length of time left on your sub. (This is via the dot uk site).
                            It seems you haven't paid too much more than that, but it might be of interest to anyone else who is thinking of upgrading.
                            I have requested a refund!! I also suggested that they notified people that they may have overpaid instead of expecting them to find out on social media, after all not everyone will be on Twitter, FB or here .... I happened across the warning on Twitter yesterday afternoon. Their response was to contact them.
                            Caroline

Comment

I have requested a refund!! I also suggested that they notified people that they may have overpaid instead of expecting them to find out on social media, after all not everyone will be on Twitter, FB or here .... I happened across the warning on Twitter yesterday afternoon. Their response was to contact them.
                              silly people, big organisation like that should be able to get it right, and make it a fair charge for all.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Hmmm ... I shan't be upgrading yet. My Pro sub runs out on 15 December and I could buy 6 census images (discounted) for less than the upgrade price. I am unlikely to do that in the time. Probably go for an upgrade next time I renew. I tend to need 1921 images to help with DNA match puzzles but only get them if really necessary. Will look forward to the time I can just get one whenever I feel like it!
                                Anne

Comment

I have requested a refund!!
                                  Good for you!

I held off subscribing until they sorted it out. I was being quoted something like 65 US dollars (I subscribe to the dot com site) when it should have been 23.99 US dollars.
                                  Didn't fancy trying to get a refund when I had paid on a Spanish bank card, not mentioning losing out because of the exchange rate between transactions.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                    Hmmm ... I shan't be upgrading yet. My Pro sub runs out on 15 December and I could buy 6 census images (discounted) for less than the upgrade price. I am unlikely to do that in the time. Probably go for an upgrade next time I renew. I tend to need 1921 images to help with DNA match puzzles but only get them if really necessary. Will look forward to the time I can just get one whenever I feel like it!
                                    Anne
                                    my thoughts really, nice to have frivolous looks at odd people in tree
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

No problem with the refund, although I was very excited when "Karen" said she was refunding me £335 ..... ... as she said, it had been a long day. Sadly she hadn't made the same mistake in the actual refund.
                                      Caroline

Comment

poor Karen guess you were not the only one!
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X