Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvarez family Gibraltar

Hi,

I'm trying to find some information on the Alvarez family in Gibraltar. My great gran was Juana Figueras born 31/07/1923 and her mum was Luisa Alvarez. I've seen some records on the Gibraltar archive site but can't be certain I have the right family. Any help would be amazing. Thanks. Dean
    Last edited by dquinlivan1; 20-09-22, 16:36.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We do have a few people on here with European/British commonwealth expertise, I personally have no knowledge in this area.

It might be useful to post her date of birth and what other information you do know to be correct.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-09-22, 15:18.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Hi Dean and welcome

Have you had a look at our Gibraltar page in our reference library?

Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Darksecretz
        cbcarolyn

Thanks guys

Comment

dquinlivan1 you're very welcome. Not sure if you saw the email I sent you?

Hopefully you might get some great results
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have checked Ancestry and can see that they have quite a few records on their card catalogue, but births are earlier than your G grandmother
            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/pl...ope/gibraltar/
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-09-22, 18:31.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

cbcarolyn thanks. you're a star. also thanks for your previous email also. dean

Comment

on the Gibraltan website it has a list of the evacuees, which I guess you have seen - Luisa and her mother living at 13 Lynchs Lane

luisa1.jpg

There is also Juana Alvarez at same address, would assume this to be her grandmother? age 75 born in 1865, but wouldn't know her maiden name.

website doesn't seem to return just that address even though it lets me pick it

luisa.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-09-22, 18:57.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

amanda.jpg

no idea who Amanda Mecaliff is - but she was also at same ship and I checked the same address

EDIT can see a number of people at same address, so this is probably a red herring!
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-09-22, 19:14.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

cbcarolyn. i knew about juana figueras and luisa but i didn't know that juanna alveraz went too!! juana maiden name was brito or britto. thanks so much. i can't tell you how helpful this is x

Comment

they are all numbered together, I realised afterwards that they have sequential embarkation numbers, so clearly all together.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                      X