What’s his occupation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s his occupation?

Thoughts on the occupation of Dan Gowan in this death registration please?

Thanks,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Artisan ?

Comment

Agree with GL Artisan

Vera

Comment

Thanks GL and Vera - that’s what I thought too. His will describes him as gentleman - but all his brothers were farmers/fisherman so I think that might be a bit of an embellishment. So I’m none the wiser as to what he actually did for a living...

Christine
        Last edited by Karamazov; 24-08-22, 21:16.
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I was going to say Chaplain, but now I can see Artisan... it's pretty poor handwriting though.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X