he's the son of Albert E White, mmn Cooke
    birth reg'd 1919 M quarter Leicester

death reg'd Jun 1998 Leicester
    birth date 8 Mar 1919
    death age 79

Did he marry / have a family?
    Where is he in 1939?
    What was his occupation?

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Have deleted. Not seeing straight

Comment

I have found a late marriage in Leicester Central 1979
      WHITE, Albert E to SRINGTHORPE, Joan J.
      She is also indexed as WHITE, Joan J. with same index ref. number.
      Further digging reveals her maiden surname was CORBETT and was previously married 1941 Leicester to Walter SRINGTHORPE.
      She was born 1923 Leicester mms BENTLEY and died as WHITE, Joan Jessie 1996 in Leicester. Death index gives her dob as 24 May 1923.

Any good?

Comment

I would reckon he’ll not be in 1939 Register as he’ll have been at war unless he was in a reserved occupation.

Comment

There are 3 trees on ancestry with Albert Edwin WHITE born 8 March 1919 with a spouse Joan Jessie CORBETT
          UPDATE One has no children at all, one has Jessie and Walter with 3 male children and one has those same three male children wrongly attributed to Albert and Jessie.
          I reckon you’d be safe shelling out for that 1979 marriage.
          Last edited by GallowayLass; 08-08-22, 14:37.

Comment

Thanks for explanation, I did wonder about Springthorpe and Corbett connection but hadn't worked it out!
            I've not found anything yet after Albert's birth.

Thanks, I'll have another look at the trees, saw them earlier but hadn't realised connection.
            Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 08-08-22, 14:39.

Comment

Here’s interesting;
              Ancestry birth index has got 6 male children born SPRINGTHORPE to a mother mms CORBETT.
              They range in birth from the year of marriage right up to 1959 SPRINGTHORPE, Robert who died April 2022. The tree owner is the third born.
              The last three were re-registered which might explain the one tree listing them as Albert’s.
              Last edited by GallowayLass; 10-08-22, 10:52.

Comment

There nothing in any of the trees with job info for Albert.

Comment

Walter SPRINGTHORPE 1921-1995 married twice.
                  2nd wife Irene Lilian LONGLAND 1921-1995 who had married in 1941 to another man and in 1958 changed her name by deed poll from her former married name to SPRINGTHORPE. There is one child to Walter and Irene born before the marriage.

Comment

thanks very much for your help

Comment

they are on the 1921 census, Catherine (mother), Grace, Lilian, Edwin E
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

thanks for that info Carolyn, any chance of a copy please?

Comment

you have to buy 1921 census, I can only see that from a search, nothing more.

this is a link to the search - brings back 2

Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Didn't realise had to pay extra to see it ... thanks for info.
                            Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 10-08-22, 10:26.

Comment

have you traced the rest of the family? I found the 39 census for parents and one child, and one redacted, I assume you have that?

Didn't find anymore for Albert other than the bits GL posted, did any of that fit with your thoughts/knowledge of tree?
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

have you traced the rest of the family? I found the 39 census for parents and one child, and one redacted,
                                yes thanks, just Albert Edwin to find 1939

Comment

Working...
                                X