? A wedding photo in a newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? A wedding photo in a newspaper

I am wondering if anyone can help me find a wedding photo in a newspaper (if there ever was one).

Alan Catt married Ann Matthews in the October quarter of 1966, Greenwich, Greater London.

I was wondering if there was anyone with access to the local papers could see if there was a photo. I know everyone did it at the time but not sure here.
    Thank you
    Ann

if you go to Britishnewspaperarchive.com you can register and search for free. You can have a good rummage through and see if you can find anything that maybe of use.

you can also bookmark them and look at them at the library if your library has a sub, and then just go through your bookmarks. Once you have visited them they are always on your account, even if you got them whilst at the library.

Will have a look in a while.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you. I will try that out online. Unable to get out Im afraid
      Regards
      Ann

Comment

i didn't find anything, bit always worth trawling through to see, I am not sure that there are loads of papers from that era on there.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thank you for helping
          Regards
          Ann

Comment

this is the reference on FreeBMD

Marriages Dec 1966
            CATT ALAN P MATTHEWS GREENWICH 5B 1016
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you. I didnt give that a thought. Its the heat got to
              Thank you
              Ann

Comment

I have received a reply from the Archivist and they cannot find any photos in the 2 newspapers of the time.
                I will have to think of another way
                Regards
                Ann

Comment

Working...
                X