No announcement yet.

Theophilus Hicks b 1851 Taunton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now caught up on the census for Eliza and 11 children, not found her death yet. She went to London with SiL and Bil as well, must have got a coach!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Took a look at Ellen. Note on 1881 she gives a pob Ashton Bdge. Think this is Ashton, Breage. I thought a likely one was Ellen Jennings living at Ashton with family in 1861
      1861 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

With sibs 1871
      1871 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

There is an 1876 m St Pancras to Alfred Hicks
      England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915 - Ancestry.co.uk

One child b 1877 who sadly died same year
      General Register Office - Online Indexes - Search the GRO Online
      Indexes
      General Register Office - Online Indexes - Search the GRO Online Indexes

EDIT Ellen Hannah Hicks mmn Jennings
      was trying to do a Web capture

Vera
      Last edited by vera2013; 06-07-22, 10:17.

Comment

wow good find, and he was Alfred on census (so thinking maybe not Henry the AB), I feel that must be them. I might splash out on cert.

He may have been trying out other names, but now wondering about him in Willesden and why back to Theo.
        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 06-07-22, 10:13.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          wow good find, and he was Alfred on census (so thinking maybe not Henry the AB), I feel that must be them. I might splash out on cert.

He may have been trying out other names, but now wondering about him in Willesden and why back to Theo.
          Still think Henry ab seaman possibility for 1871. Probably using Theophalus when back in an area he is known. 1891/1901 further South

Vera

Comment

I shall see if I can 'finish' rest of the family and see how it looks.

I have Harriet Hicks to do, she had a child in 1871 I got that cert years ago, in Bertram street, where they all seem to be to start with. Can't find Eliza's death as she helpfully married a Smith! looks like she went back to Taunton.

Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

I have now caught up on the census for Eliza and 11 children, not found her death yet. She went to London with SiL and Bil as well, must have got a coach!
              Not sure who Eliza is ?Eliza Hicks. EDIT I see her now b 1841

Vera
              Last edited by vera2013; 06-07-22, 10:26.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                Took a look at Ellen. Note on 1881 she gives a pob Ashton Bdge. Think this is Ashton, Breage. I thought a likely one was Ellen Jennings living at Ashton with family in 1861
                1861 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

With sibs 1871
                1871 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

There is an 1876 m St Pancras to Alfred Hicks
                England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915 - Ancestry.co.uk

One child b 1877 who sadly died same year
                General Register Office - Online Indexes - Search the GRO Online
                Indexes
                General Register Office - Online Indexes - Search the GRO Online Indexes

EDIT Ellen Hannah Hicks mmn Jennings
                was trying to do a Web capture

Vera
                THAT looks very promising vera2013 I began looking this morning but then got sidetracked. You are right Ashton would be the little hamlet that is next to Breage, there used to be a pub called The Ashton Lady.. but now it's called The Lion and Lamb.

Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

been busy on the rest of the siblings, I managed to find this for William Hicks

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...00273?pId=7269 been working around this date for his death, thought maybe he was on last legs.....

and now realised that this is him
                  https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...jU3MTQyMTczLjA.

managed to last another 18 years, wonder if he made it to the grave, or whether they had forgotten!

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tr...07477788/facts

he would have been alive when Dad was a teenager, and he never knew his great great uncle I think.
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 06-07-22, 22:21.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I have found Eliza (Smith) back in London with Daughter Beatrice and police husband William Ira Waters. last sighting on 1924 reg of electors, so must have died around then....another one reaching a good age at around 84!
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

I have found Eliza (Smith) back in London with Daughter Beatrice and police husband William Ira Waters. last sighting on 1924 reg of electors, so must have died around then....another one reaching a good age at around 84!
                      So that m for Beatrice in Gloucs not your Beatrice? There is a m for Beatrice Clara Smith in 1912. Is that your Beatrice? EDIT Ignore. See you have it. Always thought she was Beatrice Ellen.

Good find.

Vera
                      Last edited by vera2013; 10-07-22, 13:00.

Comment

must be right one as Eliza Smith (Mrs) on all of the reg of electors, too much of a coincidence. So think I have them all born, married and died now, so interesting to see where they all lived.

Must revisit some other branches, sure there must be some more records for each.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                        X