MMN on FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMN on FMP

I know I’ve probably asked this a few times, but can someone tell me how I do mother’s maiden name search on Find My Past again?
    Sorry, my age I’m afraid 😟

If you choose British records and then Births, Deaths and Marriages and then Civil Births (all clicks along one line at the top of the search page) you should then see a box further down the resulting search page to enter mms. If not, then just enter the details of the child you are looking for and click search. On your results page look towards top right and you will see an option to filter results. Click that and the mms box ought to appear. If it doesn't click on advanced options and it certainly will appear.

Comment

Thanks so much Galloway Lass 😊

Comment

and also freeBMD and GRO also work, all of them seem to have different sets of data.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks Carolyn. I’d forgotten the GRO and BMD 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Searcher64 View Post
            Thanks Carolyn. I’d forgotten the GRO and BMD 😊
            FreeBMD gives mother’s maiden name for births from about 1910/11 onwards, IIRC. For earlier dates, you would need to go to GRO if FMP doesn’t come up with it.

Christine
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post

FreeBMD gives mother’s maiden name for births from about 1910/11 onwards, IIRC. For earlier dates, you would need to go to GRO if FMP doesn’t come up with it.

Christine
              Thanks Christine. What is IIRC? Not heard of that one 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Searcher64 View Post

Thanks Christine. What is IIRC? Not heard of that one 😊
                If I recall/remember correctly. Handy when you roughly remember a fact but can’t be bothered double-checking!

Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post

If I recall/remember correctly. Handy when you roughly remember a fact but can’t be bothered double-checking!
                  I love it! Will use that abbreviation from now onwards 😂

Comment

Working...
                  X