Help with Canadian newspaper entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Canadian newspaper entry

Very cheeky request but does anybody have a newspaper.com subscription for Canada? I have just solved a long-standing mystery of the name of my uncle’s wife who he married in Canada. I have just had two results come up as marriage announcements but don’t have a subscription to look at them. Would anyone be willing to look at these for me?

Thank you in advance 😊

Have you tried a search to see if you can access any for free via other method, there were a few out there.

I don't have newspapers.com
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      Have you tried a search to see if you can access any for free via other method, there were a few out there.

I don't have newspapers.com
      I will have a look 😊 Thanks Carolyn. Hope you are well

Comment

Which newspaper are you looking for? Probably not any help but I have digital access to the Vancouver Sun through my library.
        Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
          Which newspaper are you looking for? Probably not any help but I have digital access to the Vancouver Sun through my library.
          Hi Jenny,

Thanks for replying. To be honest, I have no idea which newspaper I’m looking for. All I have is the name and date of birth in the UK of my uncle. He left on a ship to Montreal I. 1958. He had two marriages, the first very soon after arrival in Canada and a later one in the 80s. I know he was buried in Ontario but have no idea where he lived in between. If you think you might be able to help, I can provide more detail via PM.

Many thanks 😊

Comment

Sorry I've not replied before but been too busy to start up computer the last few days. I do have Newspapers.com sub and can look tomorrow for you if you'd like to PM me the details.
            Anne

Comment

Have you seen this set of links?

AO has a large collection of pre-1930 newspapers. Their records can be searched at the Archives of Ontario, requested in interlibrary loan for use in your local library, or you can hire a researcher from the provided list of individuals who are certified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists or who are members of the Association of Professional Genealogists.

I have WW ancestry so can look on there if that helps. Send me a PM of the details
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                Have you seen this set of links?

AO has a large collection of pre-1930 newspapers. Their records can be searched at the Archives of Ontario, requested in interlibrary loan for use in your local library, or you can hire a researcher from the provided list of individuals who are certified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists or who are members of the Association of Professional Genealogists.

I have WW ancestry so can look on there if that helps. Send me a PM of the details
                Hi Carolyn. Thanks so much. Will PM you 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                  Sorry I've not replied before but been too busy to start up computer the last few days. I do have Newspapers.com sub and can look tomorrow for you if you'd like to PM me the details.
                  Anne
                  Hi Anne. Thanks so much. I’ll PM you the details 😊

Comment

Sorry, forgot to check back. It looks as if you have help now but if you want me to look in the Vancouver Sun, let me know.
                    Jenny

Comment

Working...
                    X