AS looking for a marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS looking for a marriage

As some of you know I have recently found my adopted friend's family and she is in contact with some of her biological cousins. but I am still trying to piece together some of it for her. The surnames are not very common which makes it all the more intriguing.
    Her mums name is Patricia Josephine McGonigal b1926 Ireland but was known as June and she changed her first names around.
    She married James McCarthy and they had a daughter Elizabeth 1948. My friend was born 1955 and given up for adoption. Her mother had 2 more daughter with Thomas Tobin but she puts her maiden name as Stickings. Both daughters born in Sussex, so in my infinite wisdom i was looking for a marriage for McGonigal to Tobin or to Stickings but must have forgotten to untick the births box and found a birth of A*** i s***** 1953 Hove/Sussex. mothers maiden name McConigal. I have not been able to find any other details for A***** S***** so I am wondering if he is also the son of Particia McGonigal and also given up for adoption. The only marriage I have found for her is her 4th partner Derek C Schofield who she was married to at the time of her death 2011 in Liverpool under the name of June.

I hope that all makes sense.
    so if anybody can find any of her marriages (or any more possible births)
    My friend's daughter has just got her dna results so i have been explaining that she really needs to be looking at those to see how they fit in. The DNA results have confirmed her cousin connections so thats a relief for me that I had got it right

I have removed the names of the potential living people, unless you do have a death for them?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

ah ok. I thought it may be okay as its in a group. Sorry

Comment

what has become even more intriguing is i just found his birth registered twice. Once under the S surname but also under the mothers maiden name so i am convinced not that there is definitely a connection. I feel he must have been adopted as well because there is nothing showing for either names.

Comment

I looked around and found nothing. so like you say maybe adopted, but kept him long enough to reregister birth after marriage.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            I looked around and found nothing. so like you say maybe adopted, but kept him long enough to reregister birth after marriage.
            ah so you think she may have married just after the birth. But then 2 years later she has my friend and registered her under her first husbands name..
            This lady seems to have used so many names

Comment

I don't know enough about registrations, but do know if you marry you can re register the child with your married name. As it is something that is 'official' they must check the marriage if that is the case. However i don't know if there are other reasons to reregister, adoption must be another reason
              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 10-05-22, 09:30.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

strange I cant find the marriage as she uses that married name as her maiden name when she has her next 2 children.

Comment

Working...
                X