@richardosman
    #mattlucas
    @RalfLittle
    and
    #annamaxwellmartin
    Interesting mix of new stories...
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Richard Osman went to school near me and lots of people here were taught by his mum so there will be a lot of interest here.

Comment

Saw this in WDYTYA magazine, A friend bought me a sub for my birthday.

Good assortment and usually the people I least like are the most interesting.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Who Do You Think You Are? 2022 celebrities revealed - a little more .....

Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Is it to be a series of 2 halves again? 5 celebrities seems too few.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
            Is it to be a series of 2 halves again? 5 celebrities seems too few.
            No idea.
            Caroline

Comment

The five-episode series will launch on 26 May, followed by a week’s break for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, returning on Thursday 9 June.

Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                The five-episode series will launch on 26 May, followed by a week’s break for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, returning on Thursday 9 June.
                Just scrubbed my reply as realised had totally misunderstood. Was off looking for mention of who would appear after the Jubilee break before it dawned on me that there’s only a week between 26 May and the Jubilee. Doh!
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 10-05-22, 12:44.

Comment

I’m looking forward mostly to Richard Osman, Anna Maxwell Martin and Ralf Little.

Comment

Don't forget it is on tonight at 9pm. Sue Perkins.
                    Lin

Comment

The stories of the various characters were very interesting and tragic on both sides of the family but I just cannot get on with Sue Perkins. Her reactions felt very staged which is typical of her and for me, that spoiled the flow of the programme. I was hoping they would tell us how far her township was from Mel’s but we didn’t get to know. The local expert knew of it though as she corrected Sue’s pronunciation.

Comment

I agree GL, nothing wrong with it and enjoyed the history but didn't feel the enthusiasm.
                        Lin

Comment

I thought it was very interesting, I have always appreciated Sue Perkins and her work and enjoyed the "full circle" ending.

Comment

Wow! Just watched this and really disagree with opinions that Sue's reactions were staged. I felt that she was very, very moved and emotional about her family history. Really interesting aspects of the German family being pushed from pillar to post in such a tragic way. I knew nothing of that horrible aspect of the Nazis and Sue was almost speechless with disgust at their treatment, as I would have been.
                            Anne

Comment

Just watched Richard Osman’s episode. What a lot of co-incidences in his family’s past v his novel writing career. He came across very well.
                              I would have liked to know about Gabriel Gillam snr. as well and also more about his grandmother Jessie’s line. A bit too much time spent solely on Gabriel Gillam jnr.
                              I too will also have to re-assess some of my ancestors’ characters as their military service records also say “Character - Very Good”.

Comment

enjoyed this one too, haven't watched the others on my list to catch up
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I’ve just had an email from WDYTYA magazine in which the first headline reads;
                                  Behind the scenes on Richard Osman's episode of Who Do You Think You Are?
                                  [image of Richard Osman]
                                  Richard Osman on Who Do You Think You Are?: Everything you need to know
                                  Well, er, no actually. It’s nothing more than a precis of last night’s episode. Nothing new or “behind the scenes” revealed at all.
                                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 10-06-22, 10:19.

Comment

Haven't seen it yet. Was catching up on Silent Witness from earlier in the week.
                                    Lin

Comment

these programmes are not as exciting as they used to be and I spotted a bit of a flaw last night. When his ancestor was admitted to the infirmary he said it was sad that he was on his own but if you look at the shot of the entry below him was somebody with the same surname so I would assume they were related so he wasnt entirely on his own...

Comment

• Valice in Wonderland
                                        Valice in Wonderland commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I spy another book by Richard Osmond coming on the back of his family findings

Just watched the Anna Maxwell Martin episode and one of the most relatable and emotional ones I have ever seen. Really tough family upbringing on both sides of her family but refreshing to see a more normal life story recounted, one of the best episodes across all the series.
                                      My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Working...
                                      X