Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help reading father of the bride

Image img20220428-11051378 in Gloryer's images album

This is the 2nd marriage of Mary Ann Bates who was married to Henry Freed before registration started. She is one of my brick walls. So far I believe the name to be John Valentine as thats what was being used on another tree but now I am uncertain. Her place of birth and age changes, surprise surprise, but roughly 1802 Greenwich. I find it strange that she didnt just put John Bates so its as if she did know who her father was.

Looks like John Valentine to me. I'd turned it round for you. but forgot to crop it first time ....
    img20220428-11051378 (1).jpg
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It looks like John Valentine to me.

Comment

Definitely says john valentine.

Comment

Thank you. I did wonder if this would be the link to my group of unexplained dna matches but am at a loss who John Valentine is. It seems there is a baptism for a Mary Bates to an unmarried Mary Bates but again that's difficult to read or to actually associate it to mine

Comment

As you may know, he could be a step father?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
              As you may know, he could be a step father?
              yes I am a bit stumped with this one

Comment

I found the thread that you posted before

My subscription with fmp runs out shortly so I was looking at tying up a few loose ends and decided to take another look at Mary Ann Bates as I had never really got any further with her so going over her details have found a few more things and wondered if anybody can help fill in the gaps. She was said to be born approx 1804

I assume you have a DNA connection to her family, but can't see how you are connected, and are trying to trace her further back?
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Other way round. lol I am connected. My 3rd great grandmother but have never been able to establish any connections to her. I have a group of matches that all match each other but none seem to have a tree or respond so I was wondering if thats where these fit in. I have been quite successful with my dna matches and working out their connections with quick and dirty trees but it difficult when they dont answer and you dont know if thats their married or maiden name.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    I found the thread that you posted before

My subscription with fmp runs out shortly so I was looking at tying up a few loose ends and decided to take another look at Mary Ann Bates as I had never really got any further with her so going over her details have found a few more things and wondered if anybody can help fill in the gaps. She was said to be born approx 1804

I assume you have a DNA connection to her family, but can't see how you are connected, and are trying to trace her further back?
                    thank you for finding that thread. I did try to find it myself but was unable to. I have lost a lot of info stored on my computer as I have just upgraded to a new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X