Downloading wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading wills

I've ordered a will from the UK government site, I didn't have a notification email but when I logged in I saw it was there. The Grant of Probate downloaded but when I click on the Will, nothing happens it just turns yellow.

Am I being daft and missing something? I've tried with two different browsers.

I've emailed asking them to sort out the link so it works. The automated reply says they are experiencing a high volume of queries, surprise surprise.

The search for the will I wanted was impossible, luckily I had all the details from Ancestry, I wanted a will for a Mary Smith, knew the exact date of death and probate but all it would show was 3 pages of Smiths, none of which even included the Ms.

Comment

Jill on the A272 I found some the other day where the section of T's in my case was not in any order at all. The TH was in the first set of T's and the rest of them were towards the end and came after the TO. What a mess! You might need to search through the whole S Section to find your Smith.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I'm finding wills, putting them in my basket but when I go to pay i get an error message. Very irritating. On the bright side two wills I ordered in February which arrived with the sorry we can't find it letter have finally arrived. Many emails back and forth but I have the wills. Now I just wish for some more. Years ago I was happy with just the national probate calendar listing. Now I'm curiouser and curiouser and want to know. Costs about the same as a fancy coffee and i don't have to leave my house. I was searching for one will "Staniford". All the wrong pages appears not in proper sequence. I just worked my way through all the pages on offer then did a repeat search using many * wild cards. Eventually the correct page appears. I also have the data changing to the wrong date all by itself. So now I double and triple check once it is in the basket. I will try a different browser to see if that gets me to the pay page.
        Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          Jill on the A272 I found some the other day where the section of T's in my case was not in any order at all. The TH was in the first set of T's and the rest of them were towards the end and came after the TO. What a mess! You might need to search through the whole S Section to find your Smith.
          I used the details from the probate on Ancestry, though of course that's not possible for anyone without a subscription.

Comment

Finally, the will arrived. I think the granddaughter would find it interesting but since she has failed to thank me for the photos I sent I will not be going to the effort of contacting her.

Comment

Working...
            X