Bernard McCartney death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard McCartney death

I’ve found an RC burial record for a Bernard McCartney who was buried 29 Oct 1913 in St Peter’s, Dalbeth, Glasgow. The age on the burial record is out, but nevertheless, I’d like to get hold of the death cert, but can’t find a death cert that matches on Scotland’s People. Burial record here: https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...FBUR%2F0123610

Ignore the suggested 1872 marriage at bottom of the page. FMP seems to offer pretty random suggestions...

Can anyone find a death that fits?

Thanks,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Found it!
    Decided to just look for a McCartney with mmn Farry or Ferry. I must not have ticked name variant option for first name in my earlier unsuccessful trawls. Off to spend some credits now...
    MCCARTNEY BERNERD 57 FERRY 1913 644/21 1285 Govan View image (6 c
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
      Found it!
      Decided to just look for a McCartney with mmn Farry or Ferry. I must not have ticked name variant option for first name in my earlier unsuccessful trawls. Off to spend some credits now...
      Just so you are aware. SP have pulled the plug on the name variants search option. After deciding from feedback that too many names which weren’t actually variants were being returned, they have taken it down. I’m sure they could have just left it there and worked on / tested a new version on a closed server till it was ready to go live. Howls of protest from users have prompted them to say they will fix it - eventually. I think they had hoped people would just quietly get on and do without it.

The best you can do at the moment is either use the “names starting with” option if the root of the name is not mega common or use heaps of wildcards.
      Last edited by GallowayLass; 15-04-22, 20:24.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

Just so you are aware. SP have pulled the plug on the name variants search option. After deciding from feedback that too many names which weren’t actually variants were being returned, they have taken it down. I’m sure they could have just left it there and worked on / tested a new version on a closed server till it was ready to go live. Howls of protest from users have prompted them to say they will fix it - eventually. I think they had hoped people would just quietly get on and do without it.

The best you can do at the moment is either use the “names starting with” option if the root of the name is not mega common or use heaps of wildcards.
        But there are still 4 options you can choose from for first names and surnames - exact match, wild cards allowed, names that begin with, and phonetic matching which is what I meant by name variant options.
        If I’d used either of the last two for his first name, DOH, I would have found it straightaway.
        There are more mother’s maidens names included in deaths than when I last looked, which is a big bonus.
        Last edited by Karamazov; 15-04-22, 21:54.
        Researching:

Comment

Working...
        X