Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding where they were buried or cremated

Hello friends

I have some family that I have no idea which cemetary or crematorium they were laid to rest in, or where the ceremony was held.

I've tried findagrave but without an idea of which cemetery etc, I'm not having much luck.

If anyone could supply any further advice, I'd be grateful.

Thank you
    AT

The best bet is deceasedonline.com. They have a lot of cremations and burials. They are free to search but if you need to know the cemetery there is a voucher system where you can buy a few vouchers.

You could put some names up here if you feel able to as a lot of different people here know where to look for different parts of the country.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Depends where and when your ancestors died. I've found for post 1900 if you can't find anything on ancestry, fmp, etc then emailing the local council for information helps. If you do that, specify burial AND cremation or they only look for the one you mention.

Comment

you can try the newspapers, you can search BNA for free, and can bookmark. they also offer a pay per view or monthly sub, and are free in the library.

There is also Free reg.

Like Kyle says, depends when and where.
        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 15-04-22, 08:40.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Many thanks.
          I'll look at those suggestions. Meanwhile I will collect details together and post here for help.

AT

Comment

Working...
          X