Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be sending for 1 birth certificate here or 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be sending for 1 birth certificate here or 2?

This person died in Scotland 2003.
    Name: Andrzej Z Hiddleston
    Registration Date: Jan 1943
    [Feb 1943]
    [Mar 1943]
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration District: Halifax
    Inferred County: West Yorkshire
    Mother's Maiden Name: Hiddleston
    Volume Number: 9a
    Page Number: 62
    Name: Andrzej Z Chmielowiec
    Registration Date: Jan 1943
    [Feb 1943]
    [Mar 1943]
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration District: Halifax
    Inferred County: West Yorkshire
    Mother's Maiden Name: Hiddleston
    Volume Number: 9a
    Page Number: 62

How odd, is one MMN?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      How odd, is one MMN?
      Yes. The parents married 20th February 1943 in The Registration Office, Halifax.
      Last edited by GallowayLass; 12-04-22, 17:50.

Comment

In that case I guess it won't matter they will both have some info, just her new name.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

In that case I guess it won't matter they will both have some info, just her new name.
          From his Scottish death certificate, the child’s date of birth was 15 January 1943. The parents didn’t marry till 20 February 1943.

This is the link to the related thread I posted a few minutes ago

https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...newspapers-com
          Last edited by GallowayLass; 12-04-22, 17:50.

Comment

in England now, you re-register the birth after marriage with Mothers new name.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

in England now, you re-register the birth after marriage with Mothers new name.
              So as this was 1943 I only really need the one with his father’s surname as it’s him that we are trying to chase down?
              We are hoping to find a matching occupation both military and civilian to those which are on the marriage certificate. Most annoyingly, the son appears to believe that his father was in the RAF but the marriage certificate and my close family’s memories say he was in the army. The next thing is to get a copy of the 3rd marriage to compare his and his father’s civilian occupation and his father’s forename. On the 2nd marriage he and his father shared the same civilian occupation.

Comment

The volume and page number are the same, so there is only one entry.

If the parents married after the birth, but before the registration, then it would still be registered as being to an unmarried couple, and therefore indexed under both surnames.

There is only one certificate to order....you could use either surname, it will make no difference to what you get.
                Last edited by AntonyM; 13-04-22, 12:00.
                Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you Anthony.

Comment

Working...
                  X