jane gill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jane gill

i have a jane gill, 15 b.1856 witton, durham in bishop auckland 1871. a servant to the longstaff family. i can find no other trace of this girl. i believe she is the dau of francis gill and jane, as they were in witton park 1855-1858 according to their children's births. they have an anne b.1855, who may have died in 1856, but may also be this jane? the gill family is in towlaw in 1861, no anne or jane b.1856 present. the youngest jane anne b.1860 is my ancestor. can anyone spot anything?

There is a post-it note for a Jane Gill and Simon Coates on freebmd - all in lower case??? was this yours?

Refers to this entry:

Marriages Sep 1880
    Coates Simon Auckland 10a 287 Scan available - click to view posted available - click to view [ post-it note 11/01/2014 married jane anne gill. son of john coates.]

CROMPTON Sarah Ann Auckland 10a 287

Gill Jane Ann Auckland 10a 287 Scan available - click to view posted available - click to view [Post it note 11/01/2014 married simon coates. daughter of francis gill.]

Race John Auckland 10a 287
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 09-04-22, 12:03.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

do you think the fact that she is a servant they lie about their age, and that she was much younger? So the rest fits with age, and married Simon Coates as Kat says?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I'm wondering if the Jane Gill aged 15 b Witton Park in 1871, Servant is Jane W Gill of the 1861 with parents John and Mary nee Wilkinson. They married in 1857 and there is a birth for Jane Wilkinson 1856 Auckland no mmn. John died 1863. Mary remarried a James Callum and can be seen in the 1871 without Jane.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
          I'm wondering if the Jane Gill aged 15 b Witton Park in 1871, Servant is Jane W Gill of the 1861 with parents John and Mary nee Wilkinson. They married in 1857 and there is a birth for Jane Wilkinson 1856 Auckland no mmn. John died 1863. Mary remarried a James Callum and can be seen in the 1871 without Jane.

Vera
          that solves the issue i think. Thank you.

Comment

Katarzyna

​​​​​jane anne gill did marry simon coates, and she was born in 1860.

Comment

Working...
            X