Scotland’s People search help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland’s People search help needed please

You'd think this would be straightforward but...
    I have transcription details from Ancestry as below, and would like a copy of the image, as John and Mary Reynolds are direct ancestors. I’ve tried every way I can think of, but I can’t find this household - it’s the 1901 Scotland census. I have spare credits which are due to expire soon so it’s very frustrating. Can anyone locate the image and let me know what search terms you used so I can purchase it. Thanks.

Source info is
    Source Citation
    Parish: Boness; ED: 3; Page: 6; Line: 21; Roll: CSSCT1901_355
    Source Information
    Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007.
    Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Name John Gready
    Age 25
    abt 1876
    Boarder
    Male
    Ireland
    Registration number 663/1
    Boness
    Boness
    Boness
    West Lothian
    Long Stair Lane
    Chemical Labourer
    ED 3
    Household schedule number 33
    Line 24
    Roll CSSCT1901_355
    John Reynolds 30 Head
    Mary Reynolds 21 Wife
    Anthony Conroy 30 Boarder
    John Gready 25 Boarder
    Christine

Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

I’ve tried everything I can think of for all the people in the household using load of wildcards but can’t get any results.
    Will have a look a library edition on FMP to see what spellings they have got.

Comment

It’s identical on FMP for spelling, ages and address. I think your only option is to email their customer services and quote the ancestry transcription and ask them to check the originals.

It’s not impossible that pages have not been indexed and/or the image not uploaded to their server. It happened to me whilst in SP Edinburgh a few years ago. They found the correct book and fixed things so I could access it. If you explain that your credits are going to run out before they will have time to fix it, they will add some date on for you. They are very accomodating about things of that sort.

Comment

There’s a whole street missing!
        FMP shows me that there are 6 households (schedule numbers 28-33) in Long Stair Lane. The only such address in the whole of UK.
        I have tried the head of household in every one and none appear on SP.

Comment

Thanks, GL - well, that explains why I couldn’t find them! I’ll get in touch with Scotland’s People as suggested.

Christine
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
          X