Military intelligence museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military intelligence museum

I knew this was down the road, but never paid any attention to it, as the base is shrouded in mystery!

has anyone discovered anyone in their tree that was in the service?

It’s free to visit, but need to book in advance.

oddly I had a stall in a couple of craft fairs many moons ago, that was all a bit cloak and dagger to get in, and we had very few outside visitors to the first one.

I reckon a lot of static exhibits and a lot of reading, not quite the same as Bletchley Park.

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

That would be interesting, but I wonder how much one would be able to learn ? Only what they were willing to tell, I guess. Nothing to do with military intelligence, but clicking on your link,I was interested to see that the female soldiers wore their Greatcoats buttoned left over right, like the men. Is that how it is now, I've never noticed..........

Comment

I also wondered how much you would get to know.

Don't know anything about the Greatcoats though.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
      X