Rolling years added to IrishGenealogy.ie's civil bmd database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling years added to IrishGenealogy.ie's civil bmd database

A rolling additional year of historic civil Births, Marriages and Deaths records have been uploaded to the free, state-managed IrishGenealogy.ie database. Each indexed record is linked to an image of the relevant register entry.
    The new records are:
    • Birth register records: 1921
    • Marriage register records: 1946
    • Death register records: 1971

With this update, the General Register Office records available to search and view (index + register image) span the following dates: Births – 1864 to 1921; Marriages – 1845 to 1946; Deaths – 1871* to 1971.

*The index of deaths from 1864 to 1870 inclusive is also in the civil records database but the corresponding register images have yet to be added. These were expected to be delivered back in 2020.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Thank you - useful info for my Irish side - every little helps
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you

Vera

Comment

I have been waiting for the 1860's deaths for years...wonder why they haven't been added? I don't think the entries i found are correct, hence not buying the records.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
          I have been waiting for the 1860's deaths for years...wonder why they haven't been added? I don't think the entries i found are correct, hence not buying the records.
          Yes, I'd like to see them too - not that I have a list of the ones I'm missing...

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            Presumably Covid played a part, but I’d rather they had prioritised the 1864-1870 digitisation, even if it meant having to wait a bit longer for the rolling year updates. As it turns out, some later BMD events in the rolling years updates don’t have the digital images attached - I assume because they weren’t registered until the first quarter of the following year...frustrating.

Christine
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
            X