No announcement yet.

Find 2 sisters in 1921 census.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not helping find Rebecca but thought it might be of interest, not sure if you already have it

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 22.19.18.png
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks very much, I have never seen this so have learnt a few things. Relatives told me that we had a tenor singer in the family but I thought that it was a George Blight, perhaps both were. I have a photo of him in the football team which was made up of Cornishmen, this was in Randfontein.
      Cheers.

Comment

I have seen George Blight also mentioned as a singer in the papers. I am thinking they had a bit of a choir from the mines.

are all the blights in Camborne linked to you, just looking through papers, and can see a number of Blights.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Yes, quite a lot of them are related to me, my dad was born in Camborne. In a previous post you gave me a list of Blights, not all related, Thomas Henry was my gt grandfather, Owen Redvers was the illegitimite (wrong spelling!) son of Bessie Blight who later married George Heard, Owen died within 2 months, fathers name not given on the death cert, rumour has it that the father was a theatrical travelling man but who knows. Thomas Henry and Owen are buried in the same grave in Camborne cemetery.

Comment

I think that I will have to give up trying to find Rebecca, perhaps she was hiding in a cupboard!

Comment

I have merged the marriage cert thread with this original thread. helps keep all the info together.

brilliant bit of detective work there Carolyn!
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by toby blight View Post
                I think that I will have to give up trying to find Rebecca, perhaps she was hiding in a cupboard!
                She must be in service somewhere. In my logic I want her to be in Wales in service, near William, did you say you have his 1921 census? He must have gone to live with sister Ruby is her husband welsh? is he on census I can't see him.

William is from Ludgvan and I also note that there are Blights there, as mentioned in a couple of newspaper clippings.
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-03-22, 08:46.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

I'm thinking Rebecca Ruby maybe in Service near Ludgvan where William was born. William is with his sister Ruby Minnie Roberts in Wales in 1921. Maybe she met him when he returned to visit family. However using Advanced Search and variation of no name, dob, pob, but adding likely occupation, patient still doesn't reveal anything. Or maybe as Kylejustin says she is hiding in a cupboard.

Vera

Comment

Elizabeth Millicent Roberts 1914 Ludgvan, Cornwall, England Rhondda Pontypridd Glamorganshire
                    David Richard Roberts 1920 Wales Rhondda Pontypridd Glamorganshire
                    Olwen Roberts 1919 Wales Rhondda Pontypridd Glamorganshire
                    William Taylor 1899 Ludgvan, Cornwall, England Rhondda Pontypridd Glamorganshire
                    Ruby Minnie Roberts 1893 Ludgvan, Cornwall, England Rhondda Pontypridd Glamorganshire
                    Gwenllian Ruby Roberts 1915 Wales Rhondda Pontypridd Glamorganshire
                    I did manage to find all of the 1921 people by searching! Not sure if Toby bought it.

Yes I wondered also about Ludgvan, especially last night looking through the papers and seeing there were a few Blights there also

I was also really interested to stumble across the sister went to USA to stay with an uncle, and clearly came back and married. So did just wonder if that might have applied to Rebecca, I know different family, but just made me think a little differently. I didn't search though been messing about with forms and probate today, ready for a lie down!
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Looked into Ruby Minnies trip to Uncle William Pascoe. If I remember William Pascoe was married to Ruby Minnie's Paternal Aunt. She didn't stay very long. Returned after about a year and married Llewellyn Roberts. Wonder if she was sent away.

Didn't see Rebecca but then no family connection at that time. Maybe worth looking at Blight's with completely different first names. Some employers felt fit to change names.

Keep taking little breaks

Vera

Comment

Thanks to everyone for looking for Rebecca, I have tried every variation of the Blight name that I can think of. I would now say that either the record did not get to the National Archives or it was mislaid there.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for looking for Rebecca, I have tried every variation of the Blight name that I can think of. I would now say that either the record did not get to the National Archives or it was mislaid there.
                          Also quite possible the household she was in didn't fill out the form. Or her details may be incorrect, due to being a servant.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post

Also quite possible the household she was in didn't fill out the form. Or her details may be incorrect, due to being a servant.
                            Generally people do seem to be in censuses, I am with you and reckon she is there somewhere just incorrect, just misheard/guessed/mistranscribed or a combination of them all!
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Can someone work out the name of Rebecca,s street address in Camborne, I looked at a list of streets in Camborne but could not connect to anything.
                              Thanks
                              Union Street

vera

Comment

If you ever get any BBC programs there, just caught this one:

and was in Camborne, was some interesting facts about the place.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                X