1911 hannah iley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 hannah iley

can anyone spot hannah iley in 1911 please? b.1852 low row/feetham/grinton yorks, in 1881-1901 wolsingham, durham. husband john iley b.1840 wolsingham. he was a chemist, hannah is widowed in 1901, running a boarding house. only plausible death is 1919 lanchester, durham.

The 1919 death may be a different Hannah Iley. In 1911 at 88 Sherburn Terrace, Consett (Lanchester RD) is Lambert Iley 56 & his wife Hannah aged 60. Transcribed on FmP as Eley.

Comment

bit of a long shot but
      ViewOrder death certificate for Hannah I Lee
      Hannah I Lee
      abt 1854
      Jan 1936
      [Feb 1936]
      [Mar 1936]
      Jan-Feb-Mar
      South Shields
      Durham
      10a

Comment

inore that just found a Hannah Isabelle Lee

Comment

Thank you for looking, perhaps she remarried after 1901. As couldn't see a likely candidate in 1921.

Comment

I see that in 1901 one of her lodgers is Maddison C Hall born c 1849 West Rainton, Durham. With him are what appear to be two daughters, Margaret J born c1876 and Alice born c1879, both Rainton.

In 1891 he was enumerated as Crosby Maddeson Hale (Crosby Maddison Hall) and was living in Sunderland Bridge with wife Jane and children, including Margaret & Alice - RG12/4100/151/24

In Q2 of 1901 a Hannah ILEY married (same page) Crosby Maddison HALL in Weardale Registration District, which includes Wolsingham.

I can't spot them in 1911 but Maddison Hall aged 81 died in Durham RD in 1928 and was buried in Tudhoe Cemetery.

In 1921 he is enumerated as Meddison Hall and is living in Tudhoe with wife Hannah HALL who was born c1852, Low Row, Yorkshire

ADDED: In 1911 Hannah HALL is with her sister Isabella Jane Emmerson (nee Pratt) in Richmond, Hannah's PoB is Feetham Nr Reeth. She is shown as married but Maddison/Crosby is not with her.
            Last edited by teasie; 24-02-22, 03:59.

Comment

If the Thomas Henry Iley who married in 1915 in Morpeth is Hannah's son, then a possible for Hannah in 1939 may be at Scotsgap, Morpeth - Hannah Hall DoB 2 Feb 1854, Widow.

Comment

teasie, brilliant work. i had actually decided to search family trees on ancestry and 2 people worked out she had married crosby maddison hall. i had found them in 1921, but couldn't spot them in 1911. apparently he is in the 1911 canadian census at prince albert? but i couldn't find her. i need to check that 1911 with her sister, as i've not been able to find some of hannah's siblings post 1861, and isabella is one of them.

i've looked at durham deaths for hannah hall's, and only two fit age wise, but both in darlington.

Comment

Hannah
                  District Northumberland Central
                  Last name Hall
                  County Northumberland
                  Gender Female
                  Volume 10B
                  Birth day -
                  Page 520
                  Birth month -
                  Country England
                  Birth year 1854
                  Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
                  Age 88
                  Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
                  Death quarter 2
                  Subcategory Civil Deaths & Burials
                  Death year 1942
                  Great Britain, England
                  • a maybe death

Comment

seems to be quite a few deaths that could fit in northumberland.

Comment

so i got the 1921 census for hannah hall age 69. address is 1 green lane, spennymoor. she is with her husband listed as madison hall.
                      they are in the electoral rolls for 1920-1922 at 3 green lane. then maddison on his own in 1923/4 at 15 north rd. couldn't see anymore rolls and he dies in 1928.

hannah's DoB is 28 jul 1852, there are no matches in 1939. i'm wondering if she died before her husband, or if she left him?

that is her son thomas henry iley marrying sarah jane davison in 1915 morpeth. they are in 1921 census, he is born in wolsingham. she is widowed in 1939, with two kids. but can't spot a death for thomas....

dau margaret eleanor married robert longstaff in 1900 at weardale, they are with hannah in 1901. they are in barnard castle in 1911, and margaret in darlington in 1921. she appears to have died in 1926 darlington district.

son john joseph seems to be visiting in nottingham in 1911, and there is a death in 1920 tynemouth for him.

so really stuck with finding hannah post 1921. there are 4 deaths in northumberland with a birth of 1852 give or take 2 years.

Comment

As she isnt on the 1923/4 electoral roll and her daughter was in Darlington, this might be a possibility (edited as I misread the previous post)

HALL, HANNAH aged 69 GRO Reference: 1922 M Quarter in DARLINGTON Volume 10A Page 14
                        Last edited by teasie; 04-03-22, 14:15.

Comment

Thank you teasie, i'll check that one out. I don't really think she outlived everyone, as most of the family (children, her parents and sibs) died middle aged.

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
                            HALL, HANNAH aged 69 GRO Reference: 1922 M Quarter in DARLINGTON Volume 10A Page 14
                            i asked darlington RO about this one, they confirmed it's her. Husband listed as crosby maddison hall.

brilliant. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                            X