No announcement yet.

Laurie Petts no 3 bombers 42 air school Port Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think is the name of the chap in civvies in the March 1843 photo with Laurie, Dorothy and Bertha? Could be a link to the the crew of 1943 with Laurie

Vera
    Last edited by vera2013; 26-02-22, 17:32.

Comment

cbcarolyn what about other branches of your man's family - have you been able to identify any potential surviving siblings and their descendants? They may have stories and photographs.

Comment

Looks like Eddie some of the writing missing, when I squint at album

Mum had a cousin Eddie, he introduced Mum to Dad, and his father owned the house in Finchley I think. I have no idea what he looked like, but he married a Joan:

Joan Constance Mouatt

Not done much research on Eddie, his son sent me loads of info about tree as Eddie, did a lot of work.

But it could be Eddie with a Dorothy!

No idea who Dorothy, it's not my aunt as she was younger not in forces, and would recognise her, she is in other photos.
        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-02-22, 18:15.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Looked like Eadie to me. Possibly Lionel Walter Eade who was a member of the Crew with Laurie in 1943.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
            Looked like Eadie to me. Possibly Lionel Walter Eade who was a member of the Crew with Laurie in 1943.

Vera
            ooh could be
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

https://115squadron-raf.be/New%20fac...es%202017.html he gets a mention on this page, could be him, a long face.

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-02-22, 22:21.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Difficult to say. Nose slightly splayed looks similar. Hair parted on left. Wonder if Dorothy was his Girlfriend. Such a happy Group. Lovely photographs.

Vera

Comment

Mum worked for this solicitor chap in Bond Street, and maybe a connection to work with some of the wedding photos on there.

IN THE course of a very long life, Isidore Kerman's defining characteristic was his zest. Where other men plan their lives along fixed and predetermined lines, Kerman followed his enthusiasms - which explains why his career was so delightfully eclectic, though by no means amateur.

Looks like he did very well for himself. I think it was still quite a small concern during the war.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I have managed to do quite a bit of digging on Laurence Petts, and have found that he had a sister not found a death for her yet.

I think I have found her marriage to Gordon Robert Brown (26 JUL 1920 on 1939 reg on FMP) in Oct 57, and they had 3 boys with surname brown and fairly common names (1959, 60 and 63), so have come to a halt now. I thought it might be nice if I made contact with one of them and share the photos of their uncle, they may not have them.

I have found Gordons death and ordered his will last night, but no idea if there is anything on there, as I couldn't see any info on about it.

If anyone can offer advice how I can find any of these 3 boys.

I also contacted this site - and they have added some of the photos of the crew which I thought was nice
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Perhaps the will will give an address or occupation for one of the sons. If the family stayed in the same area, it might be worth writing a letter to some of the local newspapers saying you have been going through some old family papers and have come across some wartime photos of Laurie, who lived in ......... and was killed in action in 1943, and you think any relatives might be interested in having copies.
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Lovely to see your Mum's photographs linking the young men with the War Memorial. I see another link to the Squadron of Bill Bailey.

Hope the Will will reveal the nephews.

Will see what I can find bearing in mind d obs very recent

Vera

Comment

Can see Gordon Rbt with EDIT 1 female and 2 males in N20 2002 roll. On FMP

Vera
                          Last edited by vera2013; 05-03-22, 19:22.

Comment

ooh good spot, don't know how I missed that one.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

will already available, well except it says it is annexed, but only cover sheet there, will email and see if more available. same address as reg of electors N20 and son RA also there 2012.

have done an address search and seems to be a french man's company registered there now, can't see a connection at all, and the house isn't on sold prices.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

I am at Bognor and have had loft cleared, still exhausted! I have no found another photo album, it's really lovely, sadly no relation to me at all

Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                X