Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

confused about records i've found ????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused about records i've found ????????

i have been trying to find records for my Grandmother and who her parents might be without success , This is what i have for records.

This information is from my mother's birth certificate -----My mothers name was Muriel Hetty Gerrard, Born April 18th 1921 in Nova Scotia Canada and passed away March 13th 1968 in Nova Scotia, Canada
    Her mother's name on her birth certificate is Hellen Brown born 1886 in Scotland and passed away in 1972 in Nova Scotia , Canada and Frank Gordon Gerrard born in 1887 in Nova Scotia, Canada and died in the same area in 1987

This is information on my mother's death certificate-----my mother's name, Muriel Hattie Andrews, my father's name Bruce Andrews, my mother's father Gordon Gerrard, my mother's mother's name, Nillie Macissac

This information is from the newspaper announcement of my mother's wedding-----in it they say her names is Muriel Henrietta Gerrard

This information is from my mothers Marriage certificate---- it say's my Grandmother's maiden name as Helen Westland

So , the problem i have is just trying to figure out what my Grandmother's last name was so i can find out who her parent's were.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out here.

Last edited by Kenneth William Andrews; 13-02-22, 13:36.

Hi there,
    Sounds like quite a problem.

Firstly - if the name was WESTLAND then this is not a common name here in Scotland. Brown, of course, very common.
    There is one Helen Mary WESTLAND born in 1887 in Maryculter.

Also a marriage in Manitoba- can't copy and paste for some reason- but I expect you already have this.
    Frank Gordon GERRARD married Helen WESTLAND on 12 Feb 1917. WPG Is that your couple?
    I am still looking but I wonder if Hel(l)en was married more than once.
    Sorry if I am on the wrong track.
    Last edited by herky; 13-02-22, 14:15.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I think you can scrap the birth I suggested as there is a tree with this Helen married to a Mr Percival in Australia!!!
      Ooops - sorry.

herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Going by the name above as Nillie Macissac, I have found this one. The High Church Reg. Dist. is Glasgow City,Lanarkshire. Nellie is a pet name for Helen. My Gt. Granny’s official forename was Helen but all her life she was known as Nellie or Nell - even on the Electoral Register.
        MCKISSOCK HELEN F 1867 644/2 1801 High Church

Comment

Just back to this .. well done GL, I did think it was a Nellie but didn't have time for any more searching.
          herky

Comment

Just come across this list going to the US

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Found a Gordon Frank Gerard and Nellie Westland but says they were disbarred, Gordon's father ? John and Nellie has her father's info on the second page James I think

Attached Files
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

This is confusing me - am I mixed up with the generations....Was Nellie/Helen born in 1867 or 1886?
              herky

Comment

Her mother's name on her birth certificate is Hellen Brown born 1886 in Scotland and passed away in 1972 in Nova Scotia , Canada and Frank Gordon Gerrard born in 1887 in Nova Scotia, Canada and died in the same area in 1987.

Do you have their death certs? were they still married when they died? could they have split up and Hellen re marry?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

i have been answering people with the send PM , should i be posting the documents so all can see them so they know what's going on ???

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth William Andrews View Post
                    i have been answering people with the send PM , should i be posting the documents so all can see them so they know what's going on ???
                    I would recommend that you post all info on the thread, otherwise people could be looking for something that has already been found. PM would only be for potentially living people.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you , i will look in my files and post them shortly

Comment

ok , i hope this works , sorry if there are any doubles, more to follow Mom and Dads Marriage certifacate.png 010.jpg Mom's death certificate.png Muriel (Brown) Andrews 001.jpg

Comment

Hellen Stuart Westland.png Hellen Shepherd.png

Comment

hope this helps , i so very much would like to find out what her real last name was and who her parents were, thank you all for all the help you have been in all this

Comment

Working...
                            X