No announcement yet.

New Probate find a will page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update for anyone interested. I received the will I ordered today, 18th Feb. I checked and I had ordered it on Saturday 12th. So it took a week. Now I'm waiting for another that I ordered yesterday.

Comment

I received an email today saying that a Will I ordered in Nov 2021 is now available for download. I think I would have chased it up if I'd had to wait so long. I actually received it in Nov 2021!
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Having used the GRO find a will site several times in the past ... I thought I'd lost the plot. The new search facility is awful!
        I'd already searched on Anc'y and found 5 wills I wanted to purchase but could only find 2 of them via the new site.
        What's going on? It's certainly not user friendly. What a waste of time.
        Have sent feedback!!
        Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

LeicestershireLass.... do NOT assume the pages you receive are in alphabetical order. Do not put the whole name in. I 'm looking for Stanifords. So I put in Sta*. then go through ALL the pages. I did find the wills I was looking for but apparently I did not put in the correct information so wasted seven pounds and have to reorder.
          Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

thanks for advice Nelde
            Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

So .... has anyone actually got a will?
              Knowing there were problems I have avoided ordering any so far but would really like one now. I managed to get a new password and can log in no problem. I managed to find the will and fill in the order correctly. I made sure I was logged in before filling in the order form. Everything hunky dory THEN.... click 'Place Order' and get this .... There is a problem HTTP/1.1 500 returned - please contact your administrator.

It was all going so well, the will is in my basket but I can't buy it, bah! Tried to get the Feedback page but it is just blank.

Anne

Comment

I got two last week. One turned out to be the wrong woman though, my fault. They arrived within 3 days of ordering.
                I find the new search process a bit of a faff. Far too much to fill in. Most of it isn’t essential so I just skip those bits.
                There is still one oddity on my account due to the big changeover. It’s holding on to an old order. It says the will is in progress but I have actually got the document over a year ago. I can’t see how to delete or cancel it from my orders.
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 30-03-22, 12:33.

Comment

Wish the order would go through, it still sitting there in my basket. Maybe their website is having a problem. I'll try again later.
                  Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                    So .... has anyone actually got a will?
                    Knowing there were problems I have avoided ordering any so far but would really like one now. I managed to get a new password and can log in no problem. I managed to find the will and fill in the order correctly. I made sure I was logged in before filling in the order form. Everything hunky dory THEN.... click 'Place Order' and get this .... There is a problem HTTP/1.1 500 returned - please contact your administrator.

It was all going so well, the will is in my basket but I can't buy it, bah! Tried to get the Feedback page but it is just blank.

Anne
                    I have ordered 3, they all came quite quickly - 2 say will is attached, but not there - have sent weekly emails - got no response!
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Wish the order would go through, it still sitting there in my basket. Maybe their website is having a problem. I'll try again later.
                      Anne
                      praps try a different browser Firefox/Edge/Chrome?
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Exactly the same result with Edge as with Chrome. Not going to payment and no Feedback page.
                        Anne

Comment

I did mine in Chrome, it is all a bit odd it keeps taking you to the "your details page."
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Exactly the same result with Edge as with Chrome. Not going to payment and no Feedback page.
                            Anne
                            have you tried a forced refresh? usually Fn +F5 keys pressed together? or rebooting your computer?
                            Julie

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Have given up for the time being. That Error seems imply that the website itself is faulty. Everything fine until I click to place the order then just get the same error message on Edge and Chrome. I never use Edge normally so no cache built up there. Then when I click Feedback the page is just blank, same in Chrome and Edge. Computer's off now so I'll try again on Friday.
                              Anne

Comment

Tried firefox?

Comment

I ordered back when I started the thread. They claimed the order was wrong... missing folios.. No folio numbers. They said they would look into it but very busy. Time passed. Another email. tried again.... Then last week I got an email saying the wills were in my inbasket. Went to the inbasket and they had expired. If one believes the expiry date they had been sitting there since Feb 23. There was no email to say "go look". There was no email to say "expiring in 5 days" I will give it a miss for another month while they sort out the bugs and order them again. So if you are waiting for an email to say they have arrived, it might not come. Best to go check your orders on the site. Very frustrating.. Meanwhile back to sewing and quilting and patchworking. Easier on the nerves.
                                  Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Have given up for the time being. That Error seems imply that the website itself is faulty. Everything fine until I click to place the order then just get the same error message on Edge and Chrome. I never use Edge normally so no cache built up there. Then when I click Feedback the page is just blank, same in Chrome and Edge. Computer's off now so I'll try again on Friday.
                                    Anne
                                    praps raise this if they have a twitter/facebook account? seems daft if you can't even contact them to make them aware? this is the email addy for feedback Anne in Carlisle

HMCTSWills@ironmountain.co.uk

I know that it wont help you but I use Chrome and it's just flew in.. [I had a Chrome update this morning] have you tried clearing cookies?
                                    Julie

Comment

Well I'm right peed off with this flipping site I know that there is a will and when I put in the details it's just not appearing at all... so can't even order the damned thing!! This person died in 1971 and there are ZERO hits for them.... nothing, yet I know when and where from the probate search on Ancestry exactly.. But the Gov site isn't having any of it... useless!!
                                      Julie

Comment

I had a problem with one once and could page through, I can't remember now. Happy to try and break the site and give it a go for you. It is rubbish I have to say
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                          I had a problem with one once and could page through, I can't remember now. Happy to try and break the site and give it a go for you. It is rubbish I have to say
                                          be my guest, I can't even get it to bring any results up.

​Name Annie Louisa Kickerty
                                          Death Date 24 Nov 1971
                                          Death Place Clacton-on-Sea
                                          Probate Date 26 Jan 1972
                                          Probate Registry Ipswich​
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X