1921 tip help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1921 tip help please

I am sure I saw a while ago that someone posted a tip for finding out an address without actually paying for the transcript but now I can’t find it.
    I am looking to see where my Gt. Uncle Jack’s fiancée was living in 1921. I’ve done a search for her at the street her family was at in 1901 but she’s not there nor has she moved in with Jack’s parents while he was away at teaching college in Birmingham. I have found her still in Burslem, Staffordshire with her parents by hovering over the transcript and three names come up.
    I’m not bothered about buying the image, all I want is to find out the street name where they were living so I can try an address search on the street and check the door number then I can try Google street view for a photo of the house.
    Can anybody tell me how to do this please? Hopefully I’ve not been dreaming it up!
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 01-02-22, 13:15.

I 'm pretty sure you won't see a way of finding the address because unlike the 1911 census the address is on the back of the form with the household members on. ie with "other materials" etc.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Edit… Sorry, I think I have misunderstood what you are asking. Just ignore this if it’s not what you meant.

Go to the 1921 address search box and put in the road name and place. Chose the right one from the list then when you have the road like this https://www.findmypast.co.uk/search-...E292870FAE0A6E
      you can click on each number as if you were going to but it and the household members will be revealed. You don’t need to actually buy it to see the names.

0316745A-7098-44A2-92B9-90F0366CEF14.jpeg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gardengirl; 01-02-22, 15:00.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Thanks folks. I reckon I have misunderstood the original tip.
        I haven’t a clue what street Lily is living on so I can’t use address search then the hover over transcript trick to find that out. I searched for her by name and birth year in the person search and did the hover trick there and found her and two more forenames whom I recognise from 1911 as her parents.
        I’ll just have to bite the bullet and buy the image.
        I know it’s the right entry for her as she’s still the only Lily Gratton in town just as she was in 1911. Sadly she and Jack never married as he died the following year aged 26. Twelve years later Lily did eventually marry and they both died in Shropshire. They didn’t have any children.

Comment

I think I may have posted if you know exact address, you can put that in and see all who are living there for free! But need to have address sadly.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I purchased the images this evening. The address turned out to be Hawthorn Street and I got a photo from Google street view.
            I was delighted to discover that Lily was also an Elementary School teacher employed at Hanley Central School.
            Her father was still doing the same job as he had in 1911 - the wonderfully named teapot jiggerer.

Comment

Good result ! Sounds well worth £2.50
              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                I purchased the images this evening. The address turned out to be Hawthorn Street and I got a photo from Google street view.
                I was delighted to discover that Lily was also an Elementary School teacher employed at Hanley Central School.
                Her father was still doing the same job as he had in 1911 - the wonderfully named teapot jiggerer.
                that is great, I have to say the 1921 seems to have less info than the 1911, so good that you found something interesting.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                X