Cannot find Grandmother in 1921

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find Grandmother in 1921

Had no luck at all, if somebody could just point me in the right direction so I can follow it up be very grateful.
    They had at least 7 children by then cannot find them either, either with or without the parents.

Cannot find parents and at least some of the children who should be with them, any ideas.
    They were in Lydia Street Mile End in 1919

Comment

do you think they maybe in an institution?

I thought this was useful, and made it easier for people there

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/world-records/1921-census---institutions-and-prisons

If you put the enumeration district number in the advanced search you will see all the people in that place.

what are their names/details?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

They might have been on holiday somewhere completely different from where you expect then to be because the census was postponed from April to June when lots of people were taking their annual holidays.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I am not sure if you have searched along the street? You can go to the advanced search and put in Mile end old town in the reg district, and Lydia street in the address.

and just put in a birth year
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks for looking
            If you could only see Celia Miller born 1880 Shoreditch would be great her husband was Charles Miller born 1878 Finsbury
            The younger children who should be with them are
            Daisy Dorothy 1911
            Henry Wilfred 1913
            Charles Harold 1916
            William Earnest 1919

all born in Mile End

The older children might be elsewhere ,so not too worried about them at the moment

Going to bed now will try looking at Lydia Street again tomorrow.

Comment

I have just been playing and can see that you can put the exact address, and it brings up the household, so if you know the number you can just add that and see what it returns.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Using the address search instead of the person search, there are 81 households in Lydia Street. You can't see who is in the house by hovering, but you can if you click as if you were buying the image/transcript. I had to work my way through Calthorpe Street this way the other day - there were 140+ households there. My lot should have been at Number 4 but they weren't. and weren't anywhere else in the street either.

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/search-...D0BCBB824E328B
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

If you do the normal search and just add the address it works better - who knew, you can see entire household names, well as far as I can tell. I have not bought enough images to be sure.

you can just add the road - or you can include the house number.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    If you do the normal search and just add the address it works better - who knew, you can see entire household names, well as far as I can tell. I have not bought enough images to be sure.

you can just add the road - or you can include the house number.
                    It's different but better? It depends you are looking for, which to use.
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks everybody I did seach by address ,this is them with the oldest child in the 1920 Electoral roll so why is it I cannot find them?
                      Shall have another look
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Guest; 25-01-22, 15:56.

Comment

here is the FMP entry

The Muckleys and the Grigsons, (I can see that they are on the image you have posted) and also the Willshers.

Census was June 1921 so a long time after the reg of electors. I think it is taken and published a little while after.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

do you have names etc?
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

yes Carolyn

Charles Miller 1878 Finsbury
                            Celia Miller 1880 Hoxton Shoreditch
                            George Arthur 1899 Shoreditch
                            May Florence 1903 Mile End
                            Edward Albert 1908 Mile End
                            Daisy Dorothy 1911 Mile End
                            Henry Wilfred 1913 Mile End
                            Charles Harold 1916 Mile End
                            William Ernest 1919 Mile End

if you could just find one would be great thanks

Comment

I am off out in a while, but did have a look before and came back with nothing,

I have moved your post with the original one, I don't think I looked for the older children I can't remember.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Have tried numerous of them and the nearest thing I came up with is this but it’s not a full match. William, Charles, Margaret and 3 others. It’s the Margaret that doesn’t fit right and the birthplace for William.

53648555-318D-46F0-B53F-2178C1B497A4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks again just looked at that image its not them

Comment

if they were in an institution would they not still be on the 1921 ?

Comment

Hello Val

If you have Charles Army record you will see he signed up again in 1921 for 90 Day Emergency Service
                                      Between 01/04/1921 and 07/07/1921. 17th London ? Rgt. Medical 01/04/1921

1921 Census was taken 17/06/21

Celias address at the time was recorded as 33 Lydia St but doesn't appear to be there.

Vera

Comment

ooh good spot Vera, are the children still single in 1921?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X