Estate left to dead husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate left to dead husband

Under what circumstances would you say, a woman who died in 1949 ,would leave her estate to her husband ,who had died in 1933?? I'm thinking maybe they split and she did not know he was dead?? or is that far fetched.

Do you know when the will was writen? It might have been when he was still alive?
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I did wonder that too, no I dont but somebody I know has a copy I'll ask thanks.

Comment

I think that is the most likely scenario but it would be interesting to find out.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Maybe Will was written before.husband died

Vera

Comment

Thanks Vera, this is the strangest family goings on I have ever seen, I am helping somebody, and boy is it complicated.

Comment

Does it say it is her husband, or could it be someone in the family with the same name?
              Anne

Comment

Apart from the suggestions already made, could the Couple have divorced/split at some stage? I guess then a key question, as already mentioned, is to when had this Will been written and so it could be possible that the Wife had thus forgotten she had made one out and the then need to update?

My other question would be, are we looking at the original Will, or the Probate? I would have thought if the former, quite possible, if the latter then did the husband really die?

Comment

Thanks everyone , looking at the family further, he married in 1913 , to the one who left him her money, then he married again in 1926, but his first wife did not die til 1949, he died in 1933. He also changes his name a few times ,so thinking now maybe bigamy.
                  In 1921 he is with the first wife, and the children of both women ,but I cannot find the second wife in 1921 would love to know where she is.
                  Last edited by Guest; 13-01-22, 15:05.

Comment

Well after all that it seems it wasn't bigamy , its a very complicated story, they are hiding something.

Comment

Working...
                    X