New look Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
    2022-01-14_090839.jpgSo, with pale background, I see green male and brown female and grey for unknown.
    That’s the same as I have.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      this is the colours I have for the females

dropper.JPG
      As it’s called color dropper, are you on the .com
      version there or are they too lazy to change the spellings in .co.uk version for users of British English?
      Where did you go to find the color dropper and do you have to make one change to save all or is this needing done for every person individually? - I hope not…

Comment

color dropper is a chrome extension, nothing to do with ancestry, it will identify any colour for you. great for choosing colours/building websites etc.

Does not make changes at all :(
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          color dropper is a chrome extension, nothing to do with ancestry, it will identify any colour for you. great for choosing colours/building websites etc.

Does not make changes at all :(
          Ah right. Thanks. I am not a Chrome user but I think Chrome extensions are available via the Edge app store these days. I wouldn’t know where to start building a website.
          Last edited by GallowayLass; 14-01-22, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post

Hadn't known that Julie ta, but is there any way to get rid of it completely ? drives me nuts.
            nup.. I just ignore it tbh.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post

Hadn't known that Julie ta, but is there any way to get rid of it completely ? drives me nuts.
              me too, and the right click is much easier on PC than other devices, so I often have to resort to the link in the side box, and don't read all the drivel that they have set out.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I've decided not to get my knickers in a twist about the changes to colours - today I have a variety of greens, blues, browns, pinks in teardrop, square or circular profile shapes depending on which domain/page/section I am looking at. More important for them to get the search features working - actually not the search so much as the presentation of the results!!
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Haha, Caroline. The changes don't really bother me BUT I wish you hadn't pointed out the font inconsistency!! Now that does make me mad and I notice it every time the page changes. Grrrrrrr!!

On the good side, a couple of years ago I made a little icon for all my DNA matches to use as a 'profile image'. It is based on the old pink and blue profiles and now stands out much better compared to the new ones, specially on a tree view.

Another good thing is that the new profile images look so slumped that it makes me sit up straighter! Can't be bad!!

Anne

Comment

Mine changed the other day and i dont mind it...The only thing i dont like is the side box.

Researching/ MADGWICK, RAMUS, PONT, MITCHELL, CHAMPION, GOSSLING, VAN STAADEN.

Comment

Working...
                    X