Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New look Ancestry

looks so different

Hmmph!! I keep getting notified of it (the typeface is different) but the blooming thing never stays. Next time I am on, it's the same as the old one.

Comment

maybe you should log out then log back in?? failing that clear the cache.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-01-22, 19:54.

Comment

I've cleared out cache and logged out of all devices and back in again and nothing has changed on the main site. I saw a link on the laptop to the News Blog and there I found what I thought was the "new experience" and when I clicked go, I got the new style writing but only in a section of the site called ancestry support. The account details on the top right had changed to my actual name and not my username as the main site shows.
        What am I doing wrong? Can someone with the new look please screenshot their homepage? - minus any identifying info of course.

Comment

Having had it a week or so ago with their little survey boxes, mine reverted last week to boring gray with no more surveys and the old profile pictures and fonts, but today parts of it are the new style - more on .com than on .co.uk. I have the new home page on .com. and it is also inviting me to upgrade on .com which is daft since I am flicking between the two sites and remaining logged in both times.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Mine has reverted, the only difference today seems to be very tiny font in Tree Search. Anyway, I'm off to work now, so no more research until this evening.

Comment

To be honest I hardly notice but it does go back and forth between the two I think making an odd jumble of styles. More interested in what the actual records say to notice what seem, on my screen, quite minor changes.
              Anne

Comment

changes all the time - they must be having problems, like other I keep getting the boxes asking me if I would like to upgrade/build a tree etc taking up the top half of the page - super useful.......

I havn't spotted anything new that is of any value, the hints are still stupid after last change that take you off to the silly side box, rather than being able to just click on the image.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                  the silly side box, rather than being able to just click on the image.
                  I just right click on the hint and open in a new window, that side box is just pointless!

Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    looks so different
                    don't be surprised if it comes and goes... it's like a blooming yo-yo!... I wish they'd stop pratting about with it and just change it for everyone when they have finished tweaking it!!...
                    Julie

Comment

Thanks everyone. I’m quite happy with it as it is so I’ll ignore the wee box next time it appears.

Comment

It appeared again the other night and this time it seems to have stuck with me on all devices. Not sure why people in DNA matches list with avatars/photos are now a tear drop shape. Don’t see the point of that.
                        In trees, male standard image is green and has short hair, female one is an odd orange/brown colour and has hair in a bun at the nape? Why?? What was wrong with a simple bare head outline for both sexes with make being blue and female being pink? That was clear and simple. Do men not have long hair or women not have short hair?
                        I have changed the tree page background to light as the dark one was was very dull.
                        The typeface is ok I suppose but I find the bigger the screen you are using, the easier it is on the eye. It’s not so great on a phone screen and it doesn’t take long for my eyes to feel tired. Saying that though, I have a couple of images that I use for closely related male and female DNA connections (helix with either pale blue or pink background) and they now seem to stand out much brighter.
                        Are the green men and orange/brown ladies the same for everyone on their different devices?

and before Stacky and grumpy jump in with jokes about wee green men from Mars - ‘gonnae no dae that!…’

Comment

Finally had some spare time today to look at the so-called new improved site. I absolutely loathe it !
                          I am finding that between the green print and the background colour - be it light or dark - is very hard on the eyes. Of course if I was colour blind, I would see it as grey. And the new images for male/female is a joke.

It all looks very amateurish and poorly thought out.

Off now to find an email in which to let them know my thoughts.

bcbrit
                          George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

From the bits that have changed for me I much prefer the new look, the site was looking rather tired. I like the profile shapes - using green and brown is getting away from the stereotypes of pink and blue. I also noticed that gender choice is using "assigned at birth" so they have more to do there still.

I have seen screenprints of the home screens which have appeared for other folk, but mine is still the same on .uk and as usual different again on .com, so there is more to come yet. I don't understand why they can't be consistent across the domains. I also wish they would have sans serifs font for all of it - having it just for the profile name seems silly to me, it's just a newspaper hangover. One of the early changes was a rather nice dark green heading background but that has gone altogether now for me - I assume for visual accessibility.
                            Caroline
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

GallowayLass mine have changed back to the new format too. I see pale blue and pink teardrops for m/f and green ones for those that are of undetermined/unconfirmed origin.
                              Julie

Comment

It may be me, as I haven't explored too much, but I am struggling with the person search related to the person's page. For example when you have a married woman I used to be able to erase one of the surnames but now I don't seem able to do this. Maybe I need to spend some time looking at how the new look works.
                                Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

2022-01-14_090839.jpgSo, with pale background, I see green male and brown female and grey for unknown.
                                  Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                                    2022-01-14_090839.jpgSo, with pale background, I see green male and brown female and grey for unknown.
                                    I see the female as dark/light blush pink....
                                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I just right click on the hint and open in a new window, that side box is just pointless!
                                      Hadn't known that Julie ta, but is there any way to get rid of it completely ? drives me nuts.

Comment

this is the colours I have for the females

dropper.JPG
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                                        X