No announcement yet.

Missing daughters from 1921 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did remember I looked at the family before for you and found the reg of electors, and on there Jane is jennie.

I am wondering if this maybe them, and possibly a school? It gives no clue of others on the page, so thinking maybe loads of pupils?

esther.JPG

jennie.JPG

I have googled about and can only find a boys school/home

so maybe way off the mark

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Was intrigued by these entries and found this link
      https://www.findmypast.co.uk/article...ns-and-prisons

They have put the institutions etc into their own Enumeration District, so if you put 20 in the box it returns them school.JPG

It looks like the girls of that age and name are at this school - born in Middlesex - so could be yours. I guess if you get the image you will be none the wiser if they are yours, as will be no more info to say it's definitely them.

I am intrigued as I cannot find anything about a school there for girls, just the boys school very odd.
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 11-01-22, 12:24.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

ooh I am having a lovely time with this you can see all of the females in the ED by putting 20 in ED and selecting females

Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Comment

cbcarolyn Oh my goodness. I can't believe that you have found this

I Have just purchased the document and I am sure it must be them. Am I able to send you a private message on here to attach it for you to see. I feel like you should get to see it after your research on it.

Thank you

Esther

Comment

Originally posted by EstherLesley View Post
            cbcarolyn Oh my goodness. I can't believe that you have found this

I Have just purchased the document and I am sure it must be them. Am I able to send you a private message on here to attach it for you to see. I feel like you should get to see it after your research on it.

Thank you

Esther
            of course yes please would love to see it. How lovely, and interesting that they were elsewhere and not just where you expected them to be.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Well done, Carolyn! Good sleuthing!
              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Working...
              X