elizabeth/eliza Tyler/tylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elizabeth/eliza Tyler/tylor

Trying to help a friend with this one. Elizabeth Tyler b 1855 Chipping norton oxfordshire last seen 1881 census with sister's family George/John Ryman and Ann Ryman. no idea where she went or what she did after then. did she marry? We dont know. She was unmarried mother to Frederick Garnett b 1880. |He goes by the name of Frederick Tyler in 1901 at HullYorkshire
    Last edited by gloryer; 08-01-22, 14:22.

Could you give a few more details so we don't have to go hunting down all of these people in the census before we can try to help, eg:

Who raised Frederick & where was he in 1881/1891?
    Is Garnett a surname or a middle name?
    Where was Elizabeth in 1881 (you only say who she was with, not where).
    Is she consistent with her forename/year/place of birth in all census up to 1881?

Comment

1881 Frederick is transcribed as Frederick C Tyler aged 10month in the horse and groom at chipping norton oxfordshire. 1891 in the workhouse. His middle name changes between Garnett and Carnie. 1881 Elizabeth is with her sister Ann Ryman in Aston Warwickshire
      I do wonder if Garnett or Carnie is his fathers name. I keep telling her to try the dna route......
      Strange how as a baby he is in the horse and groom. I do also wonder if one of the other residents is connected to him. Why would the mother be at a different address?
      Lots of unanswered questions. I have done searches for Elizabeth but not coming up with anything

Comment

There's a newspaper report in the Oxfordshire Weekly News 23 Jun 1880, Elizabeth Tyler of Chipping Norton summoned James Harrison weaver of West Street , a married man and father of her child born 7th May. He was ordered to pay 1s 6d per week until the child was 14.

Also in the Oxfordshire Weekly News 9th Nov 1881 a death notice:
        TYLER, November 6, at the Hospital, Queens Square Bloomsbury, after a painful illness, Elizabeth Tyler of Chipping Norton, aged 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
          There's a newspaper report in the Oxfordshire Weekly News 23 Jun 1880, Elizabeth Tyler of Chipping Norton summoned James Harrison weaver of West Street , a married man and father of her child born 7th May. He was ordered to pay 1s 6d per week until the child was 14.

Also in the Oxfordshire Weekly News 9th Nov 1881 a death notice:
          TYLER, November 6, at the Hospital, Queens Square Bloomsbury, after a painful illness, Elizabeth Tyler of Chipping Norton, aged 25 years.
          oh wow thanks jill

Comment

Working...
          X