Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find any information on Judith Pollet Born 1720 (Nee Muleahy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find any information on Judith Pollet Born 1720 (Nee Muleahy)

Hi all,
    I hope this is okay as my first post.
    I have been trying to find any information on a distant ancestor of mine, Judith Pollet, but I have had no luck whatsoever. All I know is the following:

Name: Judith Muleahy (also spelled Mulcahy, Milkaham, and a few other variations)
    Date of Birth: 1720
    Spouse: Adam Gottlieb Pollet (Married 1743, Lisbon) He was born in Poland in 1710, but ended up in Portugal
    Children: Catherine, David Ambrose, and Andrew Daniel. Andrew was in Belgium towards the end of his life
    Death: 1764

Her husband Adam was a well known Jeweller to the Portugese Royal family. Given that he (and the rest of the Pollet family) are reasonably notable, I'm especially frustrated that nothing can be found on his wife. I've no idea whether she was Portuguese, Irish, French, English or something else. The closest I've (potentially) come is this record which has some similarities (date of birth, similar sounding name) but I have no other leads. I'm at my wits end. I know I am not the only person looking for records of Judith, so if anyone has any ideas that would be great
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Do you have actual images of records for her? Have you got the marriage record? Does it give any details? Would think portugese records would be similar to other european records and have some details in that time period. Do you know where she died? Is she mentioned on her husband's death record?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      Do you have actual images of records for her? Have you got the marriage record? Does it give any details? Would think portugese records would be similar to other european records and have some details in that time period. Do you know where she died? Is she mentioned on her husband's death record?
      Hi Kyle,
      I can't seem to access the original record so I can't verify how well it's transcribed, but here is a screenshot of the details from her marriage record on family search
      It doesn't seem to give any details beyond the year and the marriage place; they were Anglicans going by the marriage details so I suppose that's interesting. I also have this record for her son, which is dated to 1805 so long after she died; I think it might be his date record. In the second photo her last name is spelt as Muleahy. She died in Lisbon, quite a bit before her husband

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X