Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th (Service) Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers

Hi all,

This is a bit of a different type of post to the usual requests, Admins, hopefully this request is allowed here. I am currently researching the 8th (Service) Battalion of the Northumberland Fusiliers in WW1, with a view to, hopefully, publishing a battalion history, I have the various war diaries for the battalion, the official histories of the war etc, what I'm really after are the personal accounts, anecdotes, photographs, letters home etc by the men who served as it is those that will really bring my project to life.

I'm hoping to hear from anyone who had a relative who served in that battalion during the First World War or who has any information that I could use in my project.

Many hopeful thanks

Dave

Sounds interesting, welcome to the forum and good luck with your project.

Paul C on here has been doing a similar project on a smaller scale with this https://oldpalaceschoolbombing.com/

I have no ancestors from that area.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Sorry I don’t have any names for you. Hello and welcome and good luck with your project.

Comment

If there are some individuals that you wish to research could be worth posting some details of them and others may be able to find some records for you.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
        X