Nymet Tracey / Bow DEVON Marriage details 1834

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nymet Tracey / Bow DEVON Marriage details 1834

Does anyone have access to the actual parish record concerning the marriage of William EARLAND & Catherine KELLAWAY on 31 Mar 1834 at Nymet Tracey / Bow in Devon?

I do have the partial transcriptions from Familysearch & FMP [both only give names and the date] but I would like to know the full details (e.g. any information stated after their names and the names of the witnesses).

Any help appreciated thanks

I have had a look on Freereg and there is nothing. Can see them on FMP but it doesn't give any information really.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Hi Bertie, bubblebelle (Mandy) used to do look ups in North Devon. I'm not sure if she still goes to the RO any longer but always worth an ask. You could send her a pm or leave a message here:

https://www.familytreeforum.com/forum/research-advice/research-offers/25113
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 10-12-21, 13:51.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Kat - I have PM'd Mandy and await her response.

Comment

Mandy not going to the RO for the time being but she suggested another site to post on where someone else may visit so have tried there.

Comment

The transcription on FS is from the PR - and the image should be available at your local Family History Centre on their computer - if you can get to one.
              Last edited by PhotoFamily; 10-12-21, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                The transcription on FS is from the PR - and the image should be available at your local Family History Centre on their computer - if you can get to one.
                That's a good idea - I'll check with my nearest centre to see if it is viewable online from their premises

Comment

I found this page on Genuki:

Part of it says: "The members' area of the Devon FHS website makes available online images, not at present (Jan 2016) available elsewhere, of the Parish Registers covering Bow alias Nymet Tracey Banns: 1912-1915, Burials: 1864-1914."

This might help you find the image but you might have to be a member of the Devon FHS. Perhaps contacting them directly might help, or, someone on this forum might already be a member.

Pat

PS Just re read the information and the Banns do not cover the date you require. They have transcripts (which you already have) of 1834. It might still be worth contacting them in any case to see if they can offer help.

Pat
                  Last edited by Elderflower; 10-12-21, 23:28. Reason: Added further information.

Comment

Thanks all - I do now have a copy image of the marriage: it is actually available on familysearch via a search on the parish and looking for the bishops transcripts film - that film only can be viewed online - but you do have to go the long way round to find it!

Comment

Glad, you've managed to access the document. I'm sorry I was unable to help at this time.
                      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Well done. Worth knowing about. Never know when you might need to use it.
                          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                          X