Heroic Ancestor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroic Ancestor ?

Some of you may recall that I mentioned on a recent post that I had been researching my Ancestors.

I found I had a half-brother, a couple of cousins I didn't know existed and ancestors on my mothers side of the family came from France in the mid 19th century.

But today I found that the gentleman who came over the Channel from France had a heroic ancestor who actually died during the Battle of Waterloo !!!

He had been camping in a field nearby.

And went to complain about the noise …..

I also have discovered a whole new branch [well, two actually] to my tree.. one which had been a brickwall for quite a long time.. the other was a total shock and was only found by mistake!...

it's lovely that after 20 yrs of researching I can still find bits of info that amaze me.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes after 20+ years I am still uncovering stuff!!!
      The Nye family are quite predominant figures. Apparently there is a Benjamin Nye museum in Sandwich Massachusetts. He is a great grand uncle of mine. Shame its not Sandwich in Kent where they originated from as I would have visited. lol
      And according to familysearch I am related to passengers on the Mayflower although they seem to lead me up a different path which I need to explore

Comment

World champion boxer Randolph Turpin was married to my first cousin. But it didn’t end well.
        Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

My 3 x G Grandfather was at Waterloo. He was an artillery Driver. Join up in 1814 aged 16. Keith, I found quite a bit of info at the National Archives on him.

Also recently found out about my Stylemans. I did know a bit about them but followed them through and found they have memorials inside the church at Snettisham Norfolk. Next time we go to Hunstanton we will be visiting there.

However long you have been researching there is always more to find out and I still get excited.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
          X