Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    They are on reg of electors:
    Harry & Winifred only 29 Newport Street 1920 to 1925
    then
    1926 & 1927 also James Mitchell
    then 1929 & 1930 James and Winifred only and now at 23 Hillside Villas
    In last 2 she is Winifred Lewis Mitchell
    not sure how this fits with vera2013 findings why did Harry drop off? did he leave? and then remarried on Winifreds death? Maybe why she added the Lewis to her name.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I have the both at 29 Newport Street in 1931, so ignore the last bit about Hillside Villas, that must be someone else?
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 24-12-21, 00:35.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I am thinking Harry may have been in WW1 and could be why first child born and then a gap, not sure why so big! Can't find any records for him though.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Comment

birth cert doesnt give winifred any middle names just winifred mitchell formally connelly.

they arecertainly a puzzle
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Did you see my posts re possible 1939 for Harry also 2nd marriage. Posts 18-20?

Vera
            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
              birth cert doesnt give winifred any middle names just winifred mitchell formally connelly.

they are certainly a puzzle
              I have summarised the posts from vera2013 - as it is easier to see them all one place:

I was on the wrong Winifred with the Lewis middle name as I found them at 29 Newport Street right up to 1931, the records stop at that date on FMP.

They are at 29 Newport Street (with I assume his brother James for a while)
              They are on reg of electors:
              Harry & Winifred only 29 Newport Street 1920 to 1925
              then
              1926 & 1927 also James Mitchell Harry's brother?
              1930 & 1931 Harry & Winifred

Gordon's birth 1928 also at 29 Newport Street
              harry is wood cutting machinist

Harry & Winifred married in 1912
              there is also an Arthur Mitchell b 1912 with MMN Connelly in same area and fits with marriage, and WW1 following, Harry could certainly have gone to war.

There are a couple of possible deaths that fit with age
              James Mitchell death in Bradford 1933 that fits roughly with year of birth of brother,
              there is also a Winifred Death 1938 b 1888

A good possible match for the 1939 register is
              ​647a Leeds Road Bradford
              • Mitchell, Winifred Francis (Beaumont) Widow b 1893
              • Barker Winifred (Lee, Beaumont) b1919
              • Beaumont, Kenneth b 1925
              • Mitchell, Harry Widower b ?Sep 1887 Circular Saw Operator Wood

with this marriage
              Marriage 1940 Bradford

Harry Mitchell
              Frances W Beaumont

possible match for Gordon in 1939
              • There is a George F Mitchell b 10 Dec 1928
              • Possible boarding out with
              • Thomas and Jane Potts Main Road, Westborough, Syston, W Kesteven RD, Lincs

Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

A good possible match for the 1939 register is
                ​647a Leeds Road Bradford
                • Mitchell, Winifred Francis (Beaumont) Widow b 1893
                • Barker Winifred (Lee, Beaumont) b1919
                • Beaumont, Kenneth b 1925
                • Mitchell, Harry Widower b ?Sep 1887 Circular Saw Operator Wood

with this marriage
                Marriage 1940 Bradford

Harry Mitchell
                Frances W Beaumont
                Looks good to me. Her surname is actually BEAUMONT at the time of the 1939 register and was later altered to Mitchell, which indicates a subsequent marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post

Looks good to me. Her surname is actually BEAUMONT at the time of the 1939 register and was later altered to Mitchell, which indicates a subsequent marriage.
                  yes it looks like Vera has sorted it.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

On the 1921 census if you search for Winifred Connolly and hover over the image button it says:
                    Winifred, Harry & Arthur are on this record so looks like Gordon does have a brother Arthur, and in 1921 no other as it looks like it would say and '1 other'
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

yummy-mummy-amy did you get the census?
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

hi all,
                        thanks for replies, sorry for not getting back to you.

yes i got the 1921 census - arthur listed as son 1912, harry wood working machinist, winifred home duties (no middle name) living at the above 29 newport street, 1 dependant.

I am happy to now share the reason i was looking for Harry and Arthur in particular, i had an heir hunter contact me linked to Gordon Francis (i thought suspicious) and 1 thing they asked me was about his sibling and mothers' name. (i didnt respond to them or give them any info). However, move forward few months and my sister contacted me, telling me she had had this lady contact her and was asking questions on family tree etc and then a cousin stated the same thing. WELL, it turns out it was all genuine, i was 1 of 10 living relatives of Gordon Francis and as he had no children or wife - after his mother died he was put into the care system as had disabilities and his estate was being split. I'm not rich by any means but it payed off the credit card!
                        Last edited by yummy-mummy-amy; 06-01-23, 21:34.

Comment

hi all,
                          thanks for replies, sorry for not getting back to you.

yes i got the 1921 census - arthur listed as son 1912, harry wood working machinist, winifred home duties (no middle name) living at the above 29 newport street, 1 dependant.

I am happy to now share the reason i was looking for Harry and Arthur in particular, i had an heir hunter contact me linked to Gordon Francis (i thought suspicious) and 1 thing they asked me was about his sibling and mothers' name. (i didnt respond to them or give them any info). However, move forward few months and my sister contacted me, telling me she had had this lady contact her and was asking questions on family tree etc and then a cousin stated the same thing. WELL, it turns out it was all genuine, i was 1 of 10 living relatives of Gordon Francis and as he had no children or wife - after his mother died he was put into the care system as had disabilities and his estate was being split. I'm not rich by any means but it payed off the credit card!
                          wow - that is like something from the TV, quite exciting. Well done you.

a few years ago a friend of mine said a solicitor was trying to get hold of someone, and she had been a friend from way back, I had lost touch. she had an unusual name and I knew enough about her to find her. So after much searching and emailing I told her that this friend had been contacted via her friend as she was mentioned in a will and she needed to contact the solicitor. We all knew the lady that died, never married lived in family home, had a good job, and also lived with her brother.....my friend was left....a vase!
                          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 06-01-23, 23:08.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

wow - that is like something from the TV, quite exciting. Well done you.

a few years ago a friend of mine said a solicitor was trying to get hold of someone, and she had been a friend from way back, I had lost touch. she had an unusual name and I knew enough about her to find her. So after much searching and emailing I told her that this friend had been contacted via her friend as she was mentioned in a will and she needed to contact the solicitor. We all knew the lady that died, never married lived in family home, had a good job, and also lived with her brother.....my friend was left....a vase!
                            thank you, you guys helped me with harry and arthur. as i put i didnt believe it at all until my sister and cousin said, even then i was very unsure.

was the vase unusal? an antique?

Comment

thank you, you guys helped me with harry and arthur. as i put i didnt believe it at all until my sister and cousin said, even then i was very unsure.

was the vase unusal? an antique?
                              no just a vase, was so funny, we all thought she was going to come into a windfall.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                              X