Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoebe Beeston/Beeson born but never died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoebe Beeston/Beeson born but never died?

Hi all,

I have been looking into this lady of mine but can't seem to make any headway with her. Phoebe Beeston was baptised 1st September 1816 @ Hucknall, Nottinghamshire to John and Elizabeth Beeston [sometimes spelt Beeson] that's it, that is all I can find of her.
    Her father John was a needlemaker and also a labourer later on. Both John and Elizabeth die in 1850/1851 respectively.

To say I'm a little stumped is an understatement.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I've had a look and probably found the same as you. No marriage or death or census record.

Just waiting for the snow to start again. Getting darker and darker here.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
      I've had a look and probably found the same as you. No marriage or death or census record.

Just waiting for the snow to start again. Getting darker and darker here.
      just glad it's not just me then.... we haven't got dark skies but it is lightly snowing here
      Julie

Comment

Must be on it's way to us then!! Phoebe can be mis translated so easily but still couldn't find anything.
        Lin

Comment

Must be on it's way to us then!! Phoebe can be mis translated so easily but still couldn't find anything.
          me neither!.. and its coming thick now and settling... brrr
          Julie

Comment

I'm looking at familysearch and I can't find anything ! they have changed interface and its horrible..
            Julie

Comment

looking through Geneanet - very few Beeston born Hucknall - - up to now I have 2 John Beeston born Hucknall
              one born in Hucknall Basford,Notts 1815
              one born Hucknall Torkard,Notts 1833 ...so - are there TWO Hucknall towns in Nottingham - or are these 2 the same place ??
              I will keep looking

ADDED
              Sorry - they are the only 2 Hucknall born Beeston I can find - I will try Beeson now
              ADDED
              the same John Beeston born 1833 comes up as Beeson - BUT - it says Hucknall Torkard,Basford ,Notts - so looks like only one Hucknall but its name then was Hucknall Torkard
              Last edited by garstonite; 29-11-21, 13:26.
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                looking through Geneanet - very few Beeston born Hucknall - - up to now I have 2 John Beeston born Hucknall
                one born in Hucknall Basford,Notts 1815
                one born Hucknall Torkard,Notts 1833 ...so - are there TWO Hucknall towns in Nottingham - or are these 2 the same place ??
                I will keep looking

ADDED
                Sorry - they are the only 2 Hucknall born Beeston I can find - I will try Beeson now
                Thanks Allan, nice to see you.. hope you are ok?

Hucknall used to be called Hucknall Torkard, but the Torkard bit got dropped about 1926.. There is also 'Hucknall under Huthwaite' but this is a different place and not related to my Beestons/Beesons.

John Beeston is my grt grt grand uncle.
                Julie

Comment

Fine thanks - 71 in a few weeks - wife is 70 but takes a bit of caring - new knee etc - so kept rather busy - but I am in good health so that's a bonus and we have 10 grandkids and there is always 1 or 2 stay for the weekend - they help ( a liittle when they get off their phone / laptop...lol ) hope you and yours are all fighting fit xxx cheers
                  Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Fine thanks - 71 in a few weeks - wife is 70 but takes a bit of caring - new knee etc - so kept rather busy - but I am in good health so that's a bonus and we have 10 grandkids and there is always 1 or 2 stay for the weekend - they help ( a liittle when they get off their phone / laptop...lol ) hope you and yours are all fighting fit xxx cheers
                    that's good to hear that you/family are well xx

John & Elizabeth Beeston/Beeson had 9 children, John b. 1814 is their son he leaves a great paper trail in Hucknall, but not so much for the others, I think that Phoebe must have died young, I just can't find anything except her baptism.

Ann b.1810
                    Ruth b.1812
                    John b.1814-1893
                    Phoebe b.1816
                    Elizabeth 1820-1895
                    Ruth b.1822-1852
                    Joseph b.1824-1840
                    Thomas b.1827-1828
                    Martha b.1830 - 1898
                    Julie

Comment

I seen Ruth - but she was born a lot later - do you have this address -High Street Red Lion Yard, Hucknall - AND - who are the Shelton family - any idea ??
                      Ruth Beeston was a woman born in 1853 in Nottinghamshire. During the 1871 UK Census she was 18 years old and lived in Nottinghamshire. She appears as the niece of her house in the 1871 UK Census.
                      LAST NAME: Beeston
                      FIRST NAME: Ruth
                      MIDDLE NAME:
                      BIRTH YEAR: 1853
                      BIRTH PLACE: Nottinghamshire
                      COUNTY: Nottinghamshire
                      RESIDENCE: High Street Red Lion Yard, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
                      HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS: John Beeston (57, Male)
                      Ruth Beeston (18, Female)
                      Thomas Shelton (37, Male)
                      Martha Shelton (40, Female)
                      William Shelton (13, Male)
                      Samuel Shelton (11, Male)
                      Thomas Shelton (4, Male)
                      so it says Ruth - NIECE of John Beeston - were there 2 Ruths born Hucknall ??

Comment

I seen Ruth - but she was born a lot later - do you have this address -High Street Red Lion Yard, Hucknall - AND - who are the Shelton family - any idea ??
                        Ruth Beeston was a woman born in 1853 in Nottinghamshire. During the 1871 UK Census she was 18 years old and lived in Nottinghamshire. She appears as the niece of her house in the 1871 UK Census.
                        LAST NAME: Beeston
                        FIRST NAME: Ruth
                        MIDDLE NAME:
                        BIRTH YEAR: 1853
                        BIRTH PLACE: Nottinghamshire
                        COUNTY: Nottinghamshire
                        RESIDENCE: High Street Red Lion Yard, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
                        HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS: John Beeston (57, Male)
                        Ruth Beeston (18, Female)
                        Thomas Shelton (37, Male)
                        Martha Shelton (40, Female)
                        William Shelton (13, Male)
                        Samuel Shelton (11, Male)
                        Thomas Shelton (4, Male)
                        so it says Ruth - NIECE of John Beeston - were there 2 Ruths born Hucknall ??
                        The Sheltons were related through Martha.. Martha was nee Beeson born 1830, so Aunt to Ruth.
                        Yes all children born Hucknall, I have followed most of them, but trying to find out a bit more about Phoebe.

and yes two Ruths, there are deaths for one Ruth in 1814 and another in 1852.

Last edited by Darksecretz; 29-11-21, 15:04.
                        Julie

Comment

I'm still struggling with this family.

What is also puzzling is that I cannot find a marriage for John & Elizabeth the parents of Phoebe. I have checked my NFHS discs and there only seems to be ONE marriage that 'might' fit but it is miles away from Hucknall [where they began having a family.]

I did a search on a John BEE*** marrying an Elizabeth [which would cover BEESON and BEESTON]
                          If I could find out where they married I may well find more extended family.

I suppose they could have married in Lincolnshire or even Derbyshire, I'm not having much luck at all with Familysearch now they have changed their interface, I'm just not getting the right information coming up.. so infuriating!
                          Julie

Comment

Do you know if the records are complete?
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                              Do you know if the records are complete?
                              no, the marriage entries that I have are not complete for Nottinghamshire. I've tried looking on familysearch but struggling with their new interface. not sure of anywhere aside from Nottingham Archives that would have records, but they might not even have married IN Nottinghamshire... poooooooooooo

It doesn't help that Elizabeth dies before the 1851 census so really no idea even if she was born in the county. John her husband was bapt in 1772 in Eakring, Nottinghamshire if memory serves me right.
                              Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-12-21, 16:05.
                              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

no, the marriage entries that I have are not complete for Nottinghamshire. I've tried looking on familysearch but struggling with their new interface. not sure of anywhere aside from Nottingham Archives that would have records, but they might not even have married IN Nottinghamshire... poooooooooooo

It doesn't help that Elizabeth dies before the 1851 census so really no idea even if she was born in the county. John her husband was bapt in 1772 in Eakring, Nottinghamshire if memory serves me right.
                                According to 1841 census Elizabeth was born in County...
                                Julie

Comment

Going back to Elizabeth bapt I have one hit, and that is for an Elizabeth Jepson bapt 12th July 1789 to John Jepson @ St Helens, Selston. I'm now going to see if I can create and plot a tree, though I don't suspect miracles at the moment. I have also been cross reffing with FMP, I can see the basic wording but guess that transcripts arent free, but obvs need a sub to see what is what.
                                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 03-12-21, 13:24.
                                  Julie

Comment

Been looking after you posted on the daily thread about Elizabeths Death Cert. The only marriage I can find is the one you have to Elizabeth Jepson. Also is John the one born in Eakring on the 1851 census. Looked and found a suitable bap but no other children born there.

On marriage it says John is from St Marys Nottingham but that is only where he would have been living when he married. Like a lot of mine of this time all very confusing.

Can't make my mind up. Married in Beeston and all children born Hucknall!!
                                    Lin

Comment

Been looking after you posted on the daily thread about Elizabeths Death Cert. The only marriage I can find is the one you have to Elizabeth Jepson. Also is John the one born in Eakring on the 1851 census. Looked and found a suitable bap but no other children born there.

On marriage it says John is from St Marys Nottingham but that is only where he would have been living when he married. Like a lot of mine of this time all very confusing.

Can't make my mind up. Married in Beeston and all children born Hucknall!!
                                      aww bless you Lin.

yes that exactly right, I have that marriage Elizabeth Jepson.. well, I say have, I can see it on my disc but it only gives bride/groom/place and date.

John was bapt Eakring yes, but this is another bone of contention.. I have his bapt, 21 Apr 1772 • Eakring, Nottingham, England BUT, I have a John Beeson and Elizabeth Beeson marrying in Kirklington in 1777, these could be the parents of John @ Eakring.. There is also another marriage at Kirklington but this is by license and I think it is a month or two earlier.. so not sure if it is the same persons or not.... This time it's John Beeson and Elizabeth Stenton... I'm very confused by this.. not sure if FMP has anything about these or not as I don't sub to that...

Julie

Comment

I did look to see if John and Elizabeth, parents, had more children at St Marys Nottingham because it didn't look as if they died at Eakring but didn't get very far.

I have John Keys marrying and Elizabeth!!

Also John Everitt marrying Elizabeth!!. Is it just John and Elizabeths that are giving us the run around!!!
                                        Lin

Comment

Working...
                                        X