Dutch Ancestor help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
    Here is the family in 1860/1870. It says that Johannes Henricus left on 30 April 1862 but I can't work out where he went - maybe to Dordrecht as he was there when his father died the following year.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...169&cc=2018408
    I think it says Herwen en Aerdt, which is about 7 km from Zevenaar, the same place Otto and his wife moved to later on (see post #44 above).

According to the declaration of the estate (post #57), Hendrik was living in Zevenaar in September 1863. Otto was in Dordrecht. Have you found (Johannes) Hendrik in Dordrecht as well?
    Sarah

Comment

I have found Johannes Hendricus in the registers for 1850/1860. It gives a little bit of info about his travels. As far as I can work out he went to Arnhem on 2 May 1859, returning to Zevenaar on 17 Sep 1860. A month later he went to Rotterdam, 13 Oct 1860, and then came back again on 15 November 1861.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...307&cc=2018408
      Well done finding these! Strange that the population registers for Zevenaar are on Family Search but don't appear to be available online through the Gelderland Archives.
      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post

I think it says Herwen en Aerdt, which is about 7 km from Zevenaar, the same place Otto and his wife moved to later on (see post #44 above).

According to the declaration of the estate (post #57), Hendrik was living in Zevenaar in September 1863. Otto was in Dordrecht. Have you found (Johannes) Hendrik in Dordrecht as well?
        Sorry, I got my Johannes's mixed up - Johannes Henricus was in Zevenaar, and Johannes Fredericus in Dordrecht. Otto was also in Zevenaar, one of the minor children. My brain is swirling from all the names!
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Sorry, I got my Johannes's mixed up - Johannes Henricus was in Zevenaar, and Johannes Fredericus in Dordrecht. Otto was also in Zevenaar, one of the minor children. My brain is swirling from all the names!
          Haha, I got confused as well. You're right, it's Johannes Fredericus who was in Dordrecht, not Otto.
          Sarah

Comment

I have just got home from work and fired up the laptop. I am completely blown away by all the info you have been finding! Thank you all so, so much xx

Comment

I think I might have found Johannes Hendricus' signature.
              I've just managed to transcribe most of this document (can't make out all of the words) https://permalink.geldersarchief.nl/B2343931A88A440295BC27D4B391D5E6
              If the image doesn't load from this link, click on 'Persoon Memorie van Successie' and then on the images of the documents and go to image number 415.

I've also attached an image of his death certificate.

The signatories are Frederika Wilhelmina Meussen and Hendrik Jacobs. There don't seem to be any other children with Hendrik/Hendricus in their name, so I think is probably Johannes Hendricus. Hendrik's occupation is difficult to make out but I think it says schrijnwerker, which means cabinetmaker.
              So from this document, we know that he was a cabinetmaker in Zevenaar in 1863.

This is what I could make out in Dutch:

Memorie van aangifte der nalatenschap van Johan Fridrich Jacobs in leven echtgenoot van Frederica Wilhelmina Meeussen gewoond hebbende te Zevenaar en aldaar overladen den 28 februarij 1800 drie en zestig.
              De ondergetekende Frederica Wilhelmina Meeussen, zonder beroep woenende te Zevenaar in de hoedanigheid van moeder en wettige voogdesse over hare minderjarige kinderen bij bovengenomde haren echtgenoot in echt verwekt genaamd 1: Henriette, 2. Frederica Wilhelmina, 3. Elisabeth, 4. Otto Lodewijk, 5. Maria Johanna Paulina Jacobs en <?> Hendrik Jacobs schrijnwerker wonende te Zevenaar, ten deze woonplaats kiezende ten sterf huize voormeld.
              Verklaren:
              Dat op den 20 februarij 1863 te Zevenaar is overleden Johan Fridrich Jacobs tot zijne eenige erfenamen nalatende de vijf bovengenoemde minderjarige en den<?> tweeden aangever tenevens<?> Johan Fredericus Jacobs slagter te Dordrecht, en Johanna Louisa Jacobs huisvrouw van Willem George Frederik Bredé ambtenaar te Hetterden<?>/Rotterdam<?>, alle kinderen van den overledene en zijne wettige erfgenamen, dat de overledene gene onroerende zaken heeft nagelaten en
              dat door zijn overlijden geen fidei commis of vruchtgebruik noch periodieke uitkering is overgegaan of vervallen.

Gedaan te Zevenaar 22 Sept 1863

And a rough translation into English:

Declaration of the estate of Johan Fridrich Jacobs, late husband of Frederica Wilhelmina Meeussen, residing in Zevenaar and deceased there on 28 February 1800 sixty-three.
              The undersigned Frederica Wilhelmina Meeussen, without occupation living in Zevenaar in the capacity of mother and legal guardian of her minor children by the above-named her husband in marriage named 1: Henriette, 2. Frederica Wilhelmina, 3. Elisabeth, 4. Otto Lodewijk, 5. Maria Johanna Paulina Jacobs and <?> Hendrik Jacobs cabinetmaker residing in Zevenaar, choosing his address for the purpose of this document at the aforementioned home of the deceased.
              Declare:
              That on 20 February 1863 Johan Fridrich Jacobs died in Zevenaar leaving behind his sole heirs the five above-mentioned minors and the<?> second declarant and also Johan Fredericus Jacobs butcher residing in Dodrecht, and Johanna Louisa Jacobs wife of Willem George Frederik Bredé civil servant residing in Hetterden<?>/Rotterdam<?>, all children of the deceased and his legal heirs, that the deceased did not leave any immovable property and
              that no fidei commis or usufruct, or periodical benefit, was transferred or lapsed as a result of his death.

Executed in Zevenaar 22 Sept 1863

Fantastic, thank you!!

Comment

wow so much information, that brick wall is well and truly down, fascinating read.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

You can find and download images of births, marriages and deaths on the various archives sites. This is another good site for searching multiple archives: https://www.wiewaswie.nl/en/search/?advancedsearch=1
                  Sarah

Comment

You can find and download images of births, marriages and deaths on the various archives sites. This is another good site for searching multiple archives: https://www.wiewaswie.nl/en/search/?advancedsearch=1
                    I have been using this site so much over the past years, but of course with the wrong info.
                    It's a fantastic site, with so much detailed information.
                    Now I have found Johannes, I am using it to go back further. As well as finding all Johannes siblings, their marriages, and their children with the help of all the lovely people on here.
                    I have also found his father Johan Frederik's, siblings the siblings marriages, and their children.
                    There is so much information on each family, its going to take me a while to input it all into my family tree.
                    Thank you again for all your help.

Comment

Hi Sandra, I have just come back to Family Tree Forum after years away. Like ozgirl above, I can't find anything immediately on the Rotterdam City Archives site, but I will have a better look when I have more time.
                      Hello Sarah! hope you are well?
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                      X