Clara Poole missing in action...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teasie View Post

Thanks for pointing that out - I'm still struggling with the changes to familysearch! Link for 1871 now corrected.
    Tell me about it..lol. I went on yesterday and thought, what! I'm sure it didn't used to be like that! seems like their 'partners' have had a hand unknowingly in the revamp?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I'm confused about Agnes Mary. The 1911 says born c1852 (aged 59), but the 1891 that's been posted says born c1863 (aged 28) . And who is the Agnes Poole, Dressmaker aged 25 (c1856) in the same household as Clara Lees (nee Poole) in 1881?

I can see an Agnes Mary Pool b 1852 Chipping Norton (no mmn) and an Agnes Mary Pool born c1858 Birmingham, mmn Palmer. I can't see any Agnes Pool/e with a mmn Tonks.

I think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room!

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
        I'm confused about Agnes Mary. The 1911 says born c1852 (aged 59), but the 1891 that's been posted says born c1863 (aged 28) . And who is the Agnes Poole, Dressmaker aged 25 (c1856) in the same household as Clara Lees (nee Poole) in 1881?

I can see an Agnes Mary Pool b 1852 Chipping Norton (no mmn) and an Agnes Mary Pool born c1858 Birmingham, mmn Palmer. I can't see any Agnes Pool/e with a mmn Tonks.

I think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room!
        lol! I know what you mean. It took me a while but I got there in the end.

Agnes Mary in 1911 is the daughter of William Henry Pool and Mary Tonks. she was bapt in 1867 in Staffordshire, [presumably a late bapt] I haven't found a birth record in the index, but it wasn't compulsory until the 1875 act to register ALL births.
        I am confident that the records that have been found particularly the census are all the same person. She is consistently a dressmaker.
        Agnes that is with Clara [Poole] Lees is her sister.

the Agnes Mary in Chipping Norton I don't think is right.

This is 'my' Agnes' bapt.

Name Agnes Mary Poole
        Baptism Date 4 Apr 1867
        Baptism Place Wolverhampton, St Peter, Staffordshire, England
        Religion Anglican
        Father William Henry Poole
        Mother Mary Poole

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

The Pooles are a proper nightmare!..

I'm sorry that I have given you a headache!

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X