Ancestry Evaluate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Evaluate

Is there a way to stop the compare bit popping up? I just want to look at the image not what they offer.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    Is there a way to stop the compare bit popping up? I just want to look at the image not what they offer.
    Assuming that you mean evaluating a hint? You can still click on the image to evaluate it, I don't see the issue?
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It does involve more clicking though. I find it incredibly annoying to have to click on the image, have the transcription open at the RHS then have to click again to actually see the image, which is what I always want to look at FIRST. I rarely bother looking at transcriptions when there is an image available.

Just another example of fixing something that worked perfectly well in the first place!

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
        It does involve more clicking though. I find it incredibly annoying to have to click on the image, have the transcription open at the RHS then have to click again to actually see the image, which is what I always want to look at FIRST. I rarely bother looking at transcriptions when there is an image available.

Just another example of fixing something that worked perfectly well in the first place!

Anne
        Ah, I see. I quite like the system, not that I use it often.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It is very annoying, especially when it asks you ,why you did or did not accept the hint

Comment

I guess you lot look at Ancestry different, where is this Ancestry Evaluate please?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Darksecretz when you click on a hint and then click on "Review" a pane comes up at the side to evaluate the record, you can look at it then save or ignore.

Guest you don't have to fill in the reason why you didn't accept the hint.

Comment

Thanks Jill I do just click on the X, but seems daft to me they changed the format.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                  Darksecretz when you click on a hint and then click on "Review" a pane comes up at the side to evaluate the record, you can look at it then save or ignore.

Guest you don't have to fill in the reason why you didn't accept the hint.
                  Ahhh I see now!.. I don't click on the hint when it's in the hints section, I don't like that format, I just right click on the hint and open in a new tab therefore bypassing that anyway. it's how I've always done it..
                  Julie

Comment

Ah, good plan Julie. I'll do that next time. Would make it easier to see it at the same time as the tree is open.
                    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                      Ah, good plan Julie. I'll do that next time. Would make it easier to see it at the same time as the tree is open.
                      Anne
                      I generally have two trees open at the same time.. my main tree and my DNA one, I do use my hints a lot and 9 times out of 10 they are of use.
                      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                        I do use my hints a lot and 9 times out of 10 they are of use.
                        lucky woman! I find the hints rather pathetic tbh, especially when they are suggesting tree matches!

Comment

Shall try that Julie thanks, and Kyle I seem to be getting more and more quite ridiculous hints.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post

lucky woman! I find the hints rather pathetic tbh, especially when they are suggesting tree matches!
                            I don't know why, I have never really had a problem with the hints, I do get somewhere people have saved every little bit of info/photo/letters etc.. and they aren't primarily what I'm looking for.
                            I do occasionally look at other peoples trees within the hints bit, but some of the results they have are like...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt?
                            Julie

Comment

Working...
                            X