Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An easy to use application or softwear to write a family tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An easy to use application or softwear to write a family tree?

I wish to create a family tree and only have hand written drafts at the moment. Couls someone please suggest what I need?

there are quite a few threads on this forum https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...-tree-software and well worth glancing down the topics.

quite a few of the tree software packages have a free 'lite' version, well they did when I last was looking.

I have Rootsmagic and does the job for what I want well enough. I also have FamilyTreeMaker, and this synchs with Ancestry and is really the only reason I have stuck with it.

I personally rarely print my tree, so if this is what you are after then worth making sure the different outputs are what you are after.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

BML - there are quite a few Family Historian users on FTF, as well as Family TreeMaker. If you want to publish (into an article/book format), there are additional software that do that, and some here have written about their efforts. Genealogy software in general will create some reports about the tree(s) that you enter into them.

IMO - FH has a learning curve, but I have liked using it.

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X