X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenofex2
    replied
    Thankyou for your thoughts.

Cable & Wireless Telegraph Service, now looking again, makes sense.

And that C of L Special Constable for confirming my thoughts.

George

Leave a comment:

• Anne in Carlisle
    replied
    Think it is Cable and Wireless Telegraph Service.

Anne

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    The first one is a puzzle. There is not a word royal there with or without a capital as there are no letters on that line that have descenders. The ascenders from the line below are getting in the way of a clear view - specifically the ‘t’ in Domestic and the capital ‘D’ in Duties.

The best I can get is Accountant Clerk Cable+Wireless Tele_ _ _ _ Serv

ancestry transcription is no help. It says “Accountant Clerk Cable & Wireless Edge ??” Sorry I don’t have FMP at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    ‘C of L Spec Cons’ will be City of London Special Constable

Leave a comment:

• Xenofex2
    started a topic Decipher a 1939 Entry

Decipher a 1939 Entry

I would appreciate if a second pair of eyes could help decipher the ‘Occupation entry on the 1939 Register for Schedule 40.

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

On both ‘The Genealogist’ & ‘FMP’ it has been transcribed as ‘Accountant Clerk Cable Wireless Tel Royal Ser.’ It is the ‘Tel Royal Ser’ that I am now wondering if truly correct. (the r for Royal is not a capital letter?)

Then on the RHS, it says ‘C of L Spec Cons’. Does one assume ‘City of London?’ If so, I guess that for his main job he must have been working in the City?

It seems as if there is a door waiting to be opened on further information if only I could find the right key.

George

Working...
X