sussex suicide 1832

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sussex suicide 1832

Just wondering if there would be a newspaper report of a suicide from 1832.
    I was revisiting my Hannah Guy as familysearch came up with her daughters baptism record so was delving into Hannah's past. lol Anyway I was told by somebody in a fb group that Hannah Guys first husband Thomas Sinden hanged himself in 1832 which made me wonder if he found out about her affair with Thomas Baker. After Thomas Sinden died Hannah moved to Kent with Thomas Baker taking 2 chidrn with her then having more children with Thomas Baker although they never appeared to marry

Thomas Sinden aged 43 burial date 31 august 1832 All Saints Hastings

any more info greatly appreciated

The only thing I can see for Thomas Sinden is the selling of land in Bexhill in 1831.

Don't know the area but if you think it is your Thomas will let you have the details.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

The burial register notes he hanged himself, I couldn't find anything in the papers either.

England, Sussex, Parish Registers, 1538-1910; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-DBR3-8R1?cc=1465706

There would have been no ceremony, burial would have taken place at night. My husband's 3x great grandfather did the same though in 1848 and there was a piece in the paper saying the vicar refused the coffin admittance to the church.

Comment

Thanks Jill. I have no idea about him apart from her was married to Hannah Guy. She is my relation but not him. I did wonder where the information came from about him hanging himself. Would the sale of land mention anybody elses name?

Comment

Gloryer, no other name was mentioned re the sale of the land. I wasn't sure if it was him but wonder if he had fallen on hard times.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
            Gloryer, no other name was mentioned re the sale of the land. I wasn't sure if it was him but wonder if he had fallen on hard times.
            Ok thanks for looking

Comment

Working...
            X