Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry

Really odd ,somebody has messaged me, who it seems has done so before, only I dont remember her , but when I went to answer it says

The user is not accepting messages

I got that a couple of days ago. It was while they were having big problems with keeping the site available. Next morning it was as normal except the message I had tried to send had vanished. Had to write it all over again.
    Anne

Comment

Oh thanks Anne shall try again tomorrow, although must say I am getting lots of weird happenings on there lately.

Comment

Hmmm! I'm getting a different problem with Ancestry messaging now. Says the message has not been sent so I try again and it says 'Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem sending this message right now. You may delete it or save it for later.'

Anyone know if this means the person has blocked me?

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          Hmmm! I'm getting a different problem with Ancestry messaging now. Says the message has not been sent so I try again and it says 'Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem sending this message right now. You may delete it or save it for later.'

Anyone know if this means the person has blocked me?

Anne
          I don’t know the answer Anne. I have no idea if anybody has blocked me or not. pm me your username and I’ll send you a message then you send me a reply. Then I’ll block you and let you know by pm and then try to send me another message and then you’ll see if you get the same message as above. I’ll pm you my username.

Comment

GallowayLass great experiment - please share your results!

Comment

So, GL and I have experimented with blocking and unblocking. When GL blocked me I got a message underneath 'the user is not accepting messages'. There was no box for me to type a message in. As soon as she unblocked me I was able to message her again.

We also tried GL choosing not to get messages from anyone. The result was the same.

However my original problem is still the same. I do have a message box but the message I try to sent to my contact will not send, as I described above. I have tried on several occasions today with no luck.

Thanks for your help GL. We're all a bit more in the know now.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                Really odd ,somebody has messaged me, who it seems has done so before, only I dont remember her , but when I went to answer it says

The user is not accepting messages
                So, Val it does look as though you were blocked. Hope they unblock you!
                Anne

Comment

IMO, Ancestry has messaging problems they have yet to work out.

You could ask someone here to try to pass a message to your contact.

If they have a public tree, you could also try leaving a message on one of the profiles.

Comment

Ancestry Support have been in touch with me. A less than helpful answer the main gist of it boils down to " .... it may be that she has opted out of receiving messages, or settings may have changed. "

Hmmm, we though we had sussed out the message that happens when someone opts out of receiving messages and it's not this one. Maybe her settings have changed. Perhaps she just doesn't want to hear from me!

As one last ditch effort, please could some else try to send her a message? PM me and I'll send the details if you are willing.
                    Thanks
                    Anne

Comment

Sending you pm

Comment

Working...
                      X