Ancestry broken again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry broken again

Started last night, no access to Ancestry. Seems to be a widespread UK problem.
    Anne

Seems to be just .uk - I got in via .com
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I had terrible bother last night / eariy this morning. First click on anything opened a Cloudflare page. Pressed back button and clicked again and got the page I wanted. Sometimes when I clicked the back button, my search criteria had been wiped out. I was also getting no results for things that I knew existed as I’d looked at them before.
      I never had no access though nor any “oops” type messages.

Comment

I had just written a reply to someone's message. Now the reply has vanished into thin air. No time today to repeat it so I sent a short apology instead.
        Anne

Comment

an update maybe? I can't check now as I'm a bit busy with other stuff, but I'll have a look in a bit.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

It's fine now.

On the other hand ..... Sainsbury's payment site is down. Not sure if and when I will get my shopping tomorrow. It was okay earlier for me but when I went to change something the app crashed and I see that lots of people had issues overnight. I wonder if it is an issue affecting other sites too.
            Caroline
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

There was something similar happened a couple of weeks ago which took out a lot of major websites and apps for about 36 - 48 hours. Can’t remember what they said caused it.

Comment

At least Sainsbury's payment is back up again. It must have been infuriating for those who got caught up on it last night.
                Caroline

Comment

It seems ok now. I don’t see anything different to the look of the thing in my homepage.

Comment

I haven't been on Ancestry for a couple of months, until 2 days ago when I wanted to do a quick check of something.

First of all, they told me I wanted .ca instead of .co.uk ......... had to fight that one 3 times

Then they wanted to confirm my subscription, but I could never get the access code they sent me onto Ancestry in time

They sent me 3 codes, with closing of my access for 30 minutes at one point and 10 minutes at another.

I finally gave up in exasperation!
                    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Think it's broken again. It was ok earlier after getting errors all last night.

Comment

Ancestry broken in Australia now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nora View Post
                          Think it's broken again. It was ok earlier after getting errors all last night.
                          Originally posted by ftfmk View Post
                          Ancestry broken in Australia now.
                          .uk seems to have broken again but .com is good.
                          Caroline

Comment

Oh b****r! I was going to do some research this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                              Oh b****r! I was going to do some research this morning.
                              It is back again - but when it goes down, ancestry.com is working fine. You can still log in there and search as normal.
                              Caroline

Comment

Ta much.

Comment

Working...
                                X