Ancestrys story scout thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestrys story scout thing

Has anyone tried this? I have had a play and I was wondering if there is a way to contact the tree owner? I have not long since had a look at my grandmother only to find out they have lots of right info but the totally wrong parents! I have tried looking in Ancestrys public trees but not getting much in the way of hits...

I have tagged AncestryUK on twitter so am yet to get a response.. any ideas?

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I’ve never heard of Story Scout. Where do you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
      I’ve never heard of Story Scout. Where do you find it?
      I'll pm you
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 21-09-21, 16:35.
      Julie

Comment

I looked at it once- one bit they had used was just wrong!! They took a name and ran with it and buried one of my ancestors in the wrong county. It is just a different way of presenting hints.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Wrong father for my 2xGGmother Stockton and entirely wrong side of the Atlantic.

Comment

I've had a look and found I can dismiss wrong ones generated by Ancestry (they have killed off some of my ancestors by using probates for someone of the same name) there are 3 dots on the person's initial page (the one with a random unconnected photo) which give the option to dismiss with a reason if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
              I've had a look and found I can dismiss wrong ones generated by Ancestry (they have killed off some of my ancestors by using probates for someone of the same name) there are 3 dots on the person's initial page (the one with a random unconnected photo) which give the option to dismiss with a reason if you wish.
              I'll have a look later thanks Jill.
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X