No announcement yet.

Help finding Charles Davies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the children. Finding a Thomas b 1863 Rhymney. Married to Mary Jones. He has two children who emigrated Mary Maud Davies and Thomas John. Lots of info on them in the USA which reveals father Thomas and mother Mary Jones living 5 Lower Union Street, Dowlais.
    Thomas and Mary also had a child Hayden/Haydn b 1900. Seem to remember Charles had children deceased in infancy with middle name Haydn. Just some thoughts.

Just looking at Thomas J b 1887 Dowlais son of Thomas b 1863 Rhymney who m Mary Jones b 1863 Aberdare. Thomas J emigrated to Penn in 1913. Fare paid for by Uncle David J Davies b 1864 Wales. David J died before Thomas J arrived. Records show that David J Davies was b 8 Dec 1864 d 23 Jan 1913 father John Davies mother Mary Reese.

Wonder if he is the David of 1871 and 1881 with John and Mary. No.seco nd name then however

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
      Looking at the children. Finding a Thomas b 1863 Rhymney. Married to Mary Jones. He has two children who emigrated Mary Maud Davies and Thomas John. Lots of info on them in the USA which reveals father Thomas and mother Mary Jones living 5 Lower Union Street, Dowlais.
      Thomas and Mary also had a child Hayden/Haydn b 1900. Seem to remember Charles had children deceased in infancy with middle name Haydn. Just some thoughts.

Just looking at Thomas J b 1887 Dowlais son of Thomas b 1863 Rhymney who m Mary Jones b 1863 Aberdare. Thomas J emigrated to Penn in 1913. Fare paid for by Uncle David J Davies b 1864 Wales. David J died before Thomas J arrived. Records show that David J Davies was b 8 Dec 1864 d 23 Jan 1913 father John Davies mother Mary Reese.

Wonder if he is the David of 1871 and 1881 with John and Mary. No.seco nd name then however

Vera
      This is amazing! I don't have a worldwide sub to ancestry so won't be able to see all the USA records but it all looks very promising. I came across a few David Davies's with a middle name that looked likely but the middle name threw me, seems like he did have a middle name though. I'd assume it is him on 1871 and 1881, can't see how it can't be lol. The name Haydn is common too, on the Davies's side, Charles' son is Charles Haydn and his son too.
      Some of the people I'm connected to through DNA are from the US. The link between us was through the Davies's but couldn't find who emigrated so this might finally be the answer!

Comment

Needs a bit more work Nora but worth pursuing I think. Did you also note that Thomas b 1863 m to Mary Jones was recorded as living at 5 Lower Union St. The address of John b 1842 and Mary ? Rees in 1891 was 5 Upper Union St.

I've looked at the Uncle David J Davies. He is married to Elizabeth Jane Thomas of Dowlais. There is a marriage in 1886 for David Davies to Elizabeth Jane Thomas. Might be worth getting that mc to help confirm/eliminate.

Sep q 1886 Merthyr Tydfil 11 666.

Vera

Comment

good work Vera, I have been looking through papers with those addresses and found nothing.

wonder if there are more records out there just not on line, like school records.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            good work Vera, I have been looking through papers with those addresses and found nothing.

wonder if there are more records out there just not on line, like school records.
            Obviously a hard working, respectable family. Need the odd brawl or poaching to turn something up.

School records as well as Newspapers good source. I wonder why this family had a poor showing on the Parish Records or maybe they're there but not yet found.

I recall getting some vital info from a School record which led me to finding that my g/mother had a previous marriage.

Vera

Comment

On findagrave David J. Davies and family with lots of links to family

He was born in Aberdare, the son of John and Mary Rees Davies. He was the husband of Elizabeth Jane Thomas. immigrated with his wife and her parents arriving in New York City on 3 January 1887 aboard the Leerdam. His children were Mrs. David P. (Mary Elizabeth)Lewis, Mrs. Thomas (Catherine) Price, Hayden Prosser,...
              Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
              http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thank you all so much finally feel like I'm getting somewhere and closer to finding John's parents and hopefully Mary Rees' parents. The other children are more difficult though!

Comment

Originally posted by Nora View Post

This is amazing! I don't have a worldwide sub to ancestry so won't be able to see all the USA records but it all looks very promising. I came across a few David Davies's with a middle name that looked likely but the middle name threw me, seems like he did have a middle name though. I'd assume it is him on 1871 and 1881, can't see how it can't be lol. The name Haydn is common too, on the Davies's side, Charles' son is Charles Haydn and his son too.
                  Some of the people I'm connected to through DNA are from the US. The link between us was through the Davies's but couldn't find who emigrated so this might finally be the answer!
                  there is a user name ivorst1 that has posted marriage and birth certs that maybe worth contacting.

trees have this Thomas going to USA

so many names the same, it must have been so confusing when these chidren went to school, calling the register must have been a nightmare
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 02-10-21, 23:15.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

there is Thomas John Davies death cert and mother is Mary Jones, might not be able to see as US https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...&pId=603477992

age 44 born June 11th death 13 Nov 1921
                    is the library edition still available at home, not checked in a while.
                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 02-10-21, 23:34.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

there is a user name ivorst1 that has posted marriage and birth certs that maybe worth contacting.

trees have this Thomas going to USA
                      https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...2?pId=26651721

so many names the same, it must have been so confusing when these chidren went to school, calling the register must have been a nightmare
                      I've already sent him a message. Still waiting for a reply though. His tree is all a but muddled, some makes sense but then he has each child attached to separate parents etc. A reply from him would help because he has photos too.

I'll be able to see the US records soon. My sub is due to renewal but I'm waiting to use the 50% off trick from here haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X