Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1930's birth record help

hi,
    i'm trying to find a birth record of possible ancestor, freebmd has no record, ancestry isnt coming up with anything and gro only goes upto 1934 (in the 30s yrs).

WTCL, (info from his marriage record on ancestry of 1958 wrexham, denbigshire to gaynor jones). i have 1 child for him & his wife - and it was child child i got info of marriage.

i dont no if he was born in the wrexham area or elsewhere. any help appreciated.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 13-09-21, 22:33.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I can't find him either on either ancestry or FMP. I searched 1932 +/- 10 years in case he wasn't exactly truthful about his age. 1942 is the latest birth year possible for a marriage in 1958.
    I used L*k*y for the surname search and got loads of results with variant spellings but not a single one with middle initials T C or C T.
    I then tried William T C as an exact search with no surname. 170 results but not one with a surname remotely like the one you want.

Nothing on ScotlandsPeople either.

Comment

I have edited out his name as I am not sure if he is still alive.

Was he the child of the rev William Lackey? - if so this is a record of one of their many journeys back and forth to USA/Canada and says he was born in Pictou Novia Scotia

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...rce&pId=971434
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 13-09-21, 22:34.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I concur with cbcarolyn. He appears to be the son of William Lackey b.10/12/1903 Oldham, son of Charles Lackey (1877-1949) and Alice, nee Brierley (1878-1950).

William travelled to Halifax, N.S. arriving 27/1/1929 - his future wife Florence Crossman arrived 12/8/1929 (joining fiance William Lackey) and they married 14/8/1929 Nova Scotia according to some Ancestry trees. 2 children born Nova Scotia - dau.FHL b1930 Halifax, NS and son WTCL ca.1933 Pictou, NS. Family finally arrived back in England 9/5/1937 and then settled in Huntingdonshire where 2 further sons born 1942 and 1946.

Charles Lackey was born in Belfast 1877.

Annette

Comment

Originally posted by annette.humphreys View Post
          I concur with cbcarolyn. He appears to be the son of William Lackey b.10/12/1903 Oldham, son of Charles Lackey (1877-1949) and Alice, nee Brierley (1878-1950).

William travelled to Halifax, N.S. arriving 27/1/1929 - his future wife Florence Crossman arrived 12/8/1929 (joining fiance William Lackey) and they married 14/8/1929 Nova Scotia according to some Ancestry trees. 2 children born Nova Scotia - dau.FHL b1930 Halifax, NS and son WTCL ca.1933 Pictou, NS. Family finally arrived back in England 9/5/1937 and then settled in Huntingdonshire where 2 further sons born 1942 and 1946.

Charles Lackey was born in Belfast 1877.

Annette
          interesting that father William did many trips, I don't know anything about religion on that scale, would he have been 'linked' to a church over there, and had to over see it or something? or just a leading light and went back to teach/train?
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

thanks for this. think i may have to order marriage cert and see if it matches up.

Comment

Have you seen the tree on Ancestry of his sister Florence Hilary Lackey 1930-2019?
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

When William Lackey first went to Nova Scotia in 1929 described as Clergyman and going to His Grace the Archbishop of Nova Scotia, Bishops Lodge, Halifax, Nova Scotia.

When the family returned in 1934 they were going to 'home' The Rectory, Ecum Secum, Guy Co., Nova Scotia.

Annette

Comment

hi,
                  marriage cert has arrived - father william lackey clerk in holy order as occupation. THEN at the bottom where it says who conducted/did the ceremony - w.lackey rector of graffham & vicar of ellington, huntingdon. witness - m.g.f lackey (another brother as found birth record for his name mmn crossman).

no i hadnt seen a tree linked to florence, but have had a look and going back there is a hugh lackey born abt 1832 (3rd grt grandfather to florence) and father of william b abt 1852 (2nd grt grandfather) - i have a hugh born about 1834 who had a son william born about 1852. The hugh in my tree is my 2nd great-grand uncle.

SO, i beleive with your help i may have found that wtc lackey is related. i am now very interested to trace the religious side and find out more.

Comment

Look him up in Crockfords - the biographical directory of Church of England clergy.

Comment

the plot thickens on this family. rev william lackey was the rev. at River John nova scotia from 1931-33 only, yet he was going back and forth before and after this date. a lady linked to river john Anglican church is going to ask at the museum there if they know of his whereabouts before and after. i have a record from 1927 of him going to canada and as late as 1937 returning.

i've spoken to people linked to ellington parish in huntingdonshire and been sent a pic of him at a newly weds house with the couple and also of his wife with a group of sunday school children including 2 of his sons (1 named the other just says lackey).

i've made contact with his grandson and im awaiting a reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X